• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Help me exlude autogen from photoscenery

Country
estonia
hello.
I have trees in my airport, and i cannot figure out how to remove them. I have both ADE and SbuilderX, I am using p3d v3.3.
p3d.jpg

I have 3 layers of scenery items at that place
library.jpg

1st- EETU the airport
ade.jpg

2nd- Tartu photoscenery http://www.lennusimu.net/fsx/fotomaastikud scroll down a little bit

3-rd- Estonian terrain http://www.lennusimu.net/fsx/estonian-terrain

Estonian terrain contains landclass, rivers, mesh, and all that.
tartu photoscenery contains sattelite imagery and accurate shorelines, also it exludes shorelines from estonian terrain.
I have tried airport background exlude autogen in ade, and also AB_exlude autogen in sbuilderx in the photoscenery file. Now if i disable the photoscenery, the exlude autogen from ADE works perfectly. Btw I also have a flatten poly in the airport and this works fine.
help.

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
ok...
are there other addons in that area, if yes what happens if you deactivate them or change the priority?

Country
estonia
There are only 3 addons in that area that i have already mentioned. As I said, disabling the photoscenery will make the changes to NoAutoGen visible. Tried disabling the mesh scenery, it didn't change anything. It has to be because of the photoscenery.

Country
us-illinois
hello.
I have trees in my airport, and i cannot figure out how to remove them. I have both ADE and SbuilderX, I am using p3d v3.3.2nd- Tartu photoscenery http://www.lennusimu.net/fsx/fotomaastikud scroll down a little bit

3-rd- Estonian terrain http://www.lennusimu.net/fsx/estonian-terrain

Estonian terrain contains land class, rivers, mesh, and all that.
tartu photoscenery contains satellite imagery and accurate shorelines, also it excludes shorelines from estonian terrain.
I have tried airport background elude autogen in ade, and also AB_exclude autogen in sbuilderx in the photo-scenery file. Now if i disable the photo-scenery, the exclude autogen from ADE works perfectly. Btw I also have a flatten poly in the airport and this works fine.
help.

You may wish to review this recent thread (and if need be, the threads linked therein), regarding bleed-through (aka "pop-through-to-the-top") of Autogen trees from other default or 3rd party scenery layers underneath a top layer of custom photo-real aerial imagery made with FS / P3D SDK Resample:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/annotator-question-fsx.438054/

"Trees on RWYs / T-Ways" may also be due to:

* The extent of transparency utilized in custom photo-real "Blend Masks" defined / assigned as "Channels" via the FS / P3D SDK Resample multi-source INF file.

...or Airport Backgrounds (aka "ABP's") ex:

* ABP's NOT made with top layer display priority using the "triple-attribute" GUID:

{46bfb3bd-ce68-418e-8112-feba17428ace} Flatten + MaskClassMap + ExcludeAutogen

* ABP's NOT made with top layer display priority using the "double-attribute" GUID:

{18580A63-FC8F-4A02-A622-8A1E073E627B} Flatten + ExcludeAutogen

< This object is un-textured, and therefore has no land class or Autogen mapped to it via a *an.AGN file >

...or:

* ABP's made with ONLY the "single-attribute" GUID:

{6C0C6528-5CF1-483A-A586-2C905CF2757E} ExcludeAutoGen

...which are NOT positioned so that they 'overlap'- or at least precisely 'intersect' with the edge of- any pre-existing airport boundary / background polygon containing a "MaskClassMap" attribute that one is trying to exclude ...as illustrated in this post:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/create-small-slope-on-terrain.438028/#post-752117

Hope this info helps with sorting out the Autogen "bleed-through" anomalies reported above ! :)

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
us-illinois
Hi Erik:

[EDITED]

Based on your posts above, a suspected cause is the custom photo-real aerial imagery made via FS / P3D SDK Resample (...by the scenery package developers).

One might wonder whether the scenery package developers used a "Blend Mask" defined / assigned as a "Channel" via the FS / P3D SDK Resample multi-source INF file ? :scratchch

You may wish to first try adding a new parameter value to your 'active' FSX / P3D.Cfg file as discussed here: :idea:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/annotator-question-fsx.438054/#post-751780

If that does NOT resolve this Autogen "bleed-through", you may next wish to try temporarily disabling (ONLY) the *an.AGN files in the \Texture sub-folder locally paired with the \Scenery sub-folder containing the custom photo-real aerial imagery BGL(s) made by the developers via FS / P3D SDK Resample, to see if the Autogen trees no longer appear on the areas adjacent to the RWYs as seen in your screenies above. ;)

If you are indeed able to stop display of trees on the areas adjacent to the RWYs as seen in your screenies above by temporarily disabling (ONLY) the *an.AGN files in the \Texture sub-folder, then you may simply need to manually edit in FS / P3D Autogen SDK "Autogen Annotator".

This would likely involve editing 1 or more of the *an.AGN files locally mapped to those terrain grid land class annotation LOD-13 "cell" areas at that airport ...to remove vegetation polygons / rectangles / squares that are too close to the affected RWYs as seen in your screenies above.

This latter task requires a somewhat more advanced knowledge of the Autogen SDK. :alert:

If you let us know what the results are of the above suggested testing, and if it appears you will need to proceed into performing the latter Autogen *an.AGN file editing, and you need help, perhaps someone here may provide further assistance.

Hope this helps a bit more ! :)

[END_EDIT]

GaryGB

Last edited:

GHD

Country
england
Gary,

Read the origibal post. He didn't make the photo textures.

You can download them from the link.

Country
us-illinois
Hi George:

Thanks for the heads-up ! :)

After reading in-between-the-lines to identify what apparently got lost in translation, I am now discerning that the OP is trying to optimize display of 3rd party < freeware ? > custom photo-real scenery on top of ("required") underlying CVX vector scenery in P3D. :scratchch

https://translate.google.com/transl...w.lennusimu.net/fsx/fotomaastikud&prev=search

https://translate.googleusercontent...im.ee/&usg=ALkJrhhx09ovd0Z5b7gJU-awrUmmvizu6g

https://translate.googleusercontent...errain&usg=ALkJrhg2O_pLLU0Wu_IGqf8j4a6Ks3JRGw

PS: I have edited my post above: :pushpin:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...autogen-from-photoscenery.438109/#post-752267

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
estonia
Hi Erik:

Based on your posts above, a suspected cause is your the custom photo-real aerial imagery made via FS / P3D SDK Resample.

[EDITED]

Did you One might wonder whether the developers used a "Blend Mask" defined / assigned as a "Channel" via the FS / P3D SDK Resample multi-source INF file ? :scratchch

Please attach- or copy and paste into this thread, the text inside of- your FS / P3D SDK Resample multi-source INF file used to make your custom photo-real aerial imagery.

You may wish to first try adding a new parameter value to your 'active' FSX / P3D.Cfg file as discussed here: :idea:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/annotator-question-fsx.438054/#post-751780

If that does NOT resolve this Autogen "bleed-through", you may next wish to try temporarily disabling (ONLY) the *an.AGN files in the \Texture sub-folder locally paired with the \Scenery sub-folder containing the custom photo-real aerial imagery BGL(s) made by the developers via FS / P3D SDK Resample, to see if the Autogen trees no longer appear on the areas adjacent to the RWYs as seen in your screenies above. ;)

If you are indeed able to stop display of trees on the areas adjacent to the RWYs as seen in your screenies above by temporarily disabling (ONLY) the *an.AGN files in the \Texture sub-folder, then you may simply need to manually edit in FS / P3D Autogen SDK "Autogen Annotator".

This would likely involve editing 1 or more of the *an.AGN files locally mapped to those terrain grid land class annotation LOD-13 "cell" areas at that airport ...to remove vegetation polygons / rectangles / squares that are too close to the affected RWYs as seen in your screenies above.

This latter task requires a somewhat more advanced knowledge of the Autogen SDK. :alert:

If you let us know what the results are of the above suggested testing, and if it appears you will need to proceed into performing the latter Autogen *an.AGN file editing, and you need help, perhaps someone here may provide further assistance.

Hope this helps a bit more ! :)

[END_EDIT]

GaryGB
I tried adding the parameter value to prepar3d.cfg, but it made no difference. But when i disabled all of the '.agn' files by renaming the textures folder to textures1 then all of the autogen trees and buildings disappeared.

Country
us-illinois
Hi Erik:

Fixing this scenario would likely involve editing 1 or more of the *an.AGN files locally mapped to those terrain grid land class annotation LOD-13 "cell" areas at that airport ...to remove vegetation polygons / rectangles / squares that are too close to the affected RWYs as seen in your screenies above.

You may wish to review this excellent tutorial:

"Using the Autogen Annotator" by Luis Feliz-Tirado:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxsd&DLID=140537

using_the_autogen_annotator_264833.zip
License: Freeware
Added: 21st November 2009, 16:18:51
Downloads: 3266
Author: Luis Feliz-Tirado

FYI: I will look at the downloaded files later today to see if I might offer ideas on which specific "Tartu" add-on files are involved.

Hope this helps ! :)

GaryGB

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
You can use this formula to locate an .agn file for editing or removal:

Decoding the LOD13 geographical location from the file name
Let's say the file name is 001332223121112an.agn
We extract the numerical part to compute the U and V values (QMID Level is always 15)
To get the U value, we replace the '3' with '1' and '2' with '0'
To get the V value, we replace the '1' with '0' and the '3' and '2' with '1'

U: 001110001101110b = 7278d
V: 000111111010001b = 4049d

So the agn file corresponds to the QMID square (u=7278, v =4049, l=15)
Once we have the u and v values, the upperleft coordinates of the square are:

LongitudeDeg = u * 0.0146484375 - 180
LatitudeDeg = 90 - v * 0.010986328125

Last edited:
Country
us-illinois
Hi Erik:

This post is intended to provide some information which may prove helpful to analysis and troubleshooting of the 'mis-placed' Autogen issues that you reported in your opening post (aka "OP") above. :idea:

The airport in question is Tartu Airport (Estonian: Tartu lennujaam), (IATA: TAY, ICAO: EETU):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartu_Airport

https://toolserver.org/~kolossos/earth.php?long=26.686944&lat=58.3075&name=Tartu_Airport

https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=58.3075,26.686944&q=58.3075,26.686944&hl=en&t=h&z=14

EETU RWY-8 "Jump" coordinates for Google Earth / Google Maps / FSX SDK TMFViewer: 58.3075, 26.686944

Google Earth aerial imagery:

When sufficiently zoomed in, aerial imagery shows NO trees within the "real world" airport boundary area

tartu_eetu_rwy-8_google_earth_equivalent_zoom-jpg.30236

FSX SP2:

Tartu scenery linked above in OP: downloaded / installed / active in FSX Scenery Library

CAVEAT: For proper display, "Estonian Terrain" must be positioned above "Tartu Photoscenery" in FSX Scenery Library GUI stack of layers. :pushpin:

Beware of drawing an inference from the Estonia download web pages above, that "Estonian Terrain" should be installed before "Tartu Photoscenery" is installed, as that would be incorrect, and would result in improper positioning of those scenery layers within the FSX Scenery Library GUI stack of layers. :alert:

So, one may either install "Tartu Photoscenery" first, or after both packages are installed in 'revrese order', manually move "Estonian Terrain" so it is positioned above "Tartu Photoscenery" in FSX Scenery Library GUI stack of layers.

FSX flight loaded at: EETU Runway-8
FSX Level of Detail Radius: Medium
FSX Scenery Complexity: Extremely Dense
FSX Autogen Density: Extremely Dense
FSX Mesh Resolution: 10 m
FSX Texture Resolution: 7 cm

FSX rendering engine shows Autogen trees within the Tartu scenery Custom photo-real airport boundary area according to instructions within the mapped *an.AGN Autogen annotation files

"Tartu_EETU_RWY-8_Autogen_Max_Density_FSX_SP2_TDV_47_99_Zoom.jpg"

tartu_eetu_rwy-8_autogen_max_density_fsx_sp2_tdv_47_99_zoom-jpg.30237

"Tartu_EETU_RWY-8_Autogen_Max_Density_FSX_SP2_TDV_88_95_Zoom.jpg"

tartu_eetu_rwy-8_autogen_max_density_fsx_sp2_tdv_88_95_zoom-jpg.30238

[FSX SDK install path]\SDK\Environment Kit\Terrain SDK\TmfViewer.exe

Menu > View > Seasons / Variations: August

Files Loaded:

[FSX install path]\Scenery\BASE\Scenery\worldlc.bgl
[FSX install path]\Addon Scenery\Tartu\Scenery\Tartu_1763_360.bgl
[FSX install path]\Scenery\0601\scenery\cvx5511.bgl
[FSX install path]\Addon Scenery\Tartu\Scenery\Tartu_vector.bgl

FSX SDK TmfViewer shows no vector content with mapped Autogen objects in cvx5511.bgl

"Tartu_EETU_RWY-8_FSX_TMFViewer_FSX_SP2_TDV_47_99_Equivalent_Zoom.jpg"

tartu_eetu_rwy-8_fsx_tmfviewer_fsx_sp2_tdv_47_99_equivalent_zoom-jpg.30243

TmfViewer bottom status bar shows FS default Land Class type is "19 - Evergreen Forest and Fields"

"Tartu_EETU_RWY-8_FSX_TMFViewer_FSX_SP2_TDV_88_95_Equivalent_Zoom.png"

tartu_eetu_rwy-8_fsx_tmfviewer_fsx_sp2_tdv_88_95_equivalent_zoom-jpg.30244

"Tartu_EETU_RWY-8_FSX_TMFViewer_FSX_SP2_Scenery_Area_Tartu_Vector_ID.jpg"

TMFViewer Tartu Vector ID properties shows only exclusions / roads near RWY-8 in Tartu_Vector.bgl

tartu_eetu_rwy-8_fsx_tmfviewer_fsx_sp2_scenery_area_tartu_vector_id-jpg.30245

[FSX SDK install path]\SDK\Environment Kit\Autogen SDK\AutogenConfigEditor.exe

Files Loaded
:

[FSX SDK install path]\Autogen\AutogenDescriptions.spb

{ Vegetation Groupings} Dialog >

Groupings > Terrain Autogen Class Evergreen Forest and Fields >

Regionalization of Evergreen Forest and Fields > Default > ag Forest Conifer (60)

[FSX SDK install path]\SDK\Environment Kit\Autogen SDK\Annotator.exe

Menu > View > Seasons / Variations: August

Files Loaded:

[FSX install path]\Addon Scenery\Tartu\Scenery\Tartu_1763_360.bgl

NOTE: FSX Autogen SDK\Annotator.exe automatically loads / reads / writes *an.AGN files mapped to Tartu_1763_360.bgl

FSX Autogen SDK\Annotator.exe shows Autogen annotations in Airport boundary areas

tartu_eetu_rwy-8_fsx_autogen_annotator_fsx_sp2_tdv_47_99_equivalent_zoom-jpg.30246

FSX Autogen SDK\Annotator.exe shows Autogen annotations are Polygon Region vegetation

tartu_eetu_rwy-8_fsx_autogen_annotator_fsx_sp2_tdv_88_95_equivalent_zoom-jpg.30247

Hope this helps get you started with the 'mis-placed' Autogen troubleshooting process At EETU ! :)

GaryGB

Attachments

• Tartu_EETU_RWY-8_Google_Earth_Equivalent_Zoom.jpg
    Tartu_EETU_RWY-8_Google_Earth_Equivalent_Zoom.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 1,565
  • Tartu_EETU_RWY-8_Autogen_Max_Density_FSX_SP2_TDV_47_99_Zoom.jpg
    Tartu_EETU_RWY-8_Autogen_Max_Density_FSX_SP2_TDV_47_99_Zoom.jpg
    612.4 KB · Views: 1,433
  • Tartu_EETU_RWY-8_Autogen_Max_Density_FSX_SP2_TDV_88_95_Zoom.jpg
    Tartu_EETU_RWY-8_Autogen_Max_Density_FSX_SP2_TDV_88_95_Zoom.jpg
    548.2 KB · Views: 1,411
  • Tartu_EETU_RWY-8_FSX_TMFViewer_FSX_SP2_TDV_47_99_Equivalent_Zoom.jpg
    Tartu_EETU_RWY-8_FSX_TMFViewer_FSX_SP2_TDV_47_99_Equivalent_Zoom.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 1,428
  • Tartu_EETU_RWY-8_FSX_TMFViewer_FSX_SP2_TDV_88_95_Equivalent_Zoom.jpg
    Tartu_EETU_RWY-8_FSX_TMFViewer_FSX_SP2_TDV_88_95_Equivalent_Zoom.jpg
    495.6 KB · Views: 1,348
  • Tartu_EETU_RWY-8_FSX_TMFViewer_FSX_SP2_Scenery_Area_Tartu_Vector_ID.jpg
    Tartu_EETU_RWY-8_FSX_TMFViewer_FSX_SP2_Scenery_Area_Tartu_Vector_ID.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 1,436
  • Tartu_EETU_RWY-8_FSX_Autogen_Annotator_FSX_SP2_TDV_47_99_Equivalent_Zoom.jpg
    Tartu_EETU_RWY-8_FSX_Autogen_Annotator_FSX_SP2_TDV_47_99_Equivalent_Zoom.jpg
    617.5 KB · Views: 1,690
  • Tartu_EETU_RWY-8_FSX_Autogen_Annotator_FSX_SP2_TDV_88_95_Equivalent_Zoom.jpg
    Tartu_EETU_RWY-8_FSX_Autogen_Annotator_FSX_SP2_TDV_88_95_Equivalent_Zoom.jpg
    539.2 KB · Views: 1,507
Last edited:
Country
us-illinois
PS: Erik, to further expedite this troubleshooting process, would you please attach or link to a reply in this thread, your CVX vector BGL with the "Airport Background Exclude Autogen" attribute output by ADE that is cited- and shown in your screenie- above ? ;)

GaryGB

GHD

Country
england
One can not exclude custom aurogen with vector objects. One way is to remove them using Annotator.

Or, one could use scenery objects with autogen suppression.

Last edited:
Thanks for replying, sadly, I still havent figured it out.
Both George and Gary have given you valuable information but maybe a bit complicated for you (especially Gary has a way of doing that:)).
Therefore I suggest you just get rid of all the agn files and put in your own, unless you load the photoreal background using the annotator and then remove the conflicting ones (those that put the trees in places where there should not be any).
Gary has given you all the necessary details to do that but if it does not work for you than George's suggestion of putting in some scenery object with a (very, very) big bounding box and no autogen suppression tag would work as a last resort as well.

Country
us-illinois
Hi George:

Are you referring to the Autogen placed via the *an.AGN files which accompanies the "Tartu Photoscenery" package ?

I'm rather glad you posted this, as I was about to go hunting for a link to a thread where I recalled that you had previously posted that assertion (...about not being able to exclude 'custom' Autogen with CVX vector objects). ;)

IIUC, you are referring to ABP's created with the default "Exclude Autogen" attribute using either of the (3) types of Airport Boundary / Background GUID's ...as I cited above in this thread ? :scratchch

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...autogen-from-photoscenery.438109/#post-752262

I had also anticipated that we might do well, as a part of this "worked example" troubleshooting analysis and remediation process, to examine the OP's CVX vector BGL with the "Airport Background Exclude Autogen" attribute output by ADE referred to above:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...autogen-from-photoscenery.438109/#post-752411

...and to then explain the exceptions to successful "Autogen Exclusion" using those default ABP GUIDs, with a goal of showing how one can identify the use of "custom Autogen", and (still be able to) subsequently implement a "custom Autogen Exclude" with CVX vector objects. :coffee:

FYI: In an effort to discern the Autogen annotation Tree types used by the developers at EETU, I have de-compiled:

* [FSX SDK install path]\Addon Scenery\Tartu\Texture\011213302011310an.agn

(...as an example custom Autogen *an.AGN "cell" local to the EETU RWY-8 area)

* [FSX SDK install path]\Autogen\AutogenDescriptions.spb

(...which contains NO custom entries after installing the 2 Estonia scenery packages linked by the OP)

NOTE
: IIUC, the Terrain.Cfg custom entries created after installing the (2) Estonia scenery packages linked by the OP do NOT seem pertinent to the Tree Autogen issue

I had planned to test making a CVX vector ABP GUID-specific "custom exclude" for 'custom Autogen' used at EETU. :idea:

But, certainly some < most ? :oops: > FS developers might welcome having the option to more easily exclude custom Autogen than using the lengthy process I have described above ...every time they encounter a 3rd party scenery package that has used such "custom Autogen" as we see at EETU. :pushpin:

Regarding the option to "exclude" the un-wanted trees via the 'Autogen Suppression' of AGN objects by BGLComp XML-placed scenery library objects as a default attribute, what kind of such objects would you suggest that one could use ? :teacher:

Thanks in advance for sharing more of your considerable expertise with FS Autogen, via your further explanation of the options you might suggest for helping the OP to eradicate the un-wanted trees at EETU when the "Tartu_photoscenery" is installed. :)

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
us-illinois
Or, one could use scenery objects with autogen suppression.

Gary has given you all the necessary details to do that but if it does not work for you than George's suggestion of putting in some scenery object with a (very, very) big bounding box and no autogen suppression tag would work as a last resort as well.

Hi Roby:

Would I be correct that you instead intended to type:

"no <NoAutogenSuppression> tag" ?

Thanks in advance for your further clarification. ;)

GaryGB

Last edited:

GHD

Country
england
It isn't Rocket Science :p

Open Tartu_1763_360.bgl in Annotator, delete a couple of polygons and and new ones:

And, in FSX: