• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Default CRJ-700 VC rework

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
There are plenty of threads about those tables in the flight dynamics forum.

If you're editing the engine thrust table (1506), you should also get the drag table (430 or 154a or so) right.
Good luck finding usable real-world data (drag polars, thrust tables) though. This is tough as nails for most airplanes.

Country
jamaica
There are plenty of threads about those tables in the flight dynamics forum.

If you're editing the engine thrust table (1506), you should also get the drag table (430 or 154a or so) right.
Good luck finding usable real-world data (drag polars, thrust tables) though. This is tough as nails for most airplanes.
Oh i gAve up a ffew hours ago. lol right now im flying her with static thrust = 12670 and thrust scalar = 1.0 and at 31000 feet at 240 knots im using 87% throttle...Once above about 17000 feet at 100% throttle and VS 1800 ft/min it couldnt hold 300 knots speed started dropping fast

Country
jamaica
My solution for the flight dynamic issues is to use to Posky model...but use the default crj .air file and aircraft.cfg.. with a few minor tweaks to the contact points for the landing gear to touch the ground.

Country
jamaica
Here is my version of the aircraft.cfg I now use with the Default CRJ700 .air file + Posky crj-700 model merge just in case anybody else wants to give it a try:

you cant really call it a proper "solution"...as I completely failed :banghead: in my attempt to edit the graphs in section 1506 of the Posky air file....but this is a great "quick fix" that should make the Posky model at least flyable..lol ..Imagine if the real life CRJ flew like it flies as defined by the Posky .air file...(Well sincerely they wouldnt fly as they wouldve probably long been grounded due to incidents and hull losses due to the structural damages cause by overspeeding in takeoff..lol)

Attachments

• aircraft.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:
Country
jamaica
2016-8-24_0-14-16-788.jpg shes beautiful isnt she.. btw i replaced the honeywell fmc with a payware fmc from ISG..it looks more realistic to me. but without proper AIRAC is useless lol 2016-9-1_5-29-22-117.jpg

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Found two bugs on the VC overhead panel:

- Panel light switch also toggles nav lights
- The three anti-ice switches access a single key event instead of the one for airframe, left engine and right engine

These are not present on the 2D overhead.

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Found two bugs on the VC overhead panel:

- Panel light switch also toggles nav lights
- The three anti-ice switches access a single key event instead of the one for airframe, left engine and right engine

These are not present on the 2D overhead.
Comparing to the actual default VC you will see the same. This is not a bug but rather a limit because I simply didn't address it.
Please don't judge too hard as it took me two years (besides other activities) to learn and do what you find in the released version.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Comparing to the actual default VC you will see the same. This is not a bug but rather a limit because I simply didn't address it.
Please don't judge too hard as it took me two years (besides other activities) to learn and do what you find in the released version.

Well yes, these bugs are in the default model but you've got it ready to edit in Blender format.
I'd also take the source files and fix the switches myself, if I may.

(I guess the panel light switch can be fixed with ModelConverter, but the anti-ice switches are a bit beyond its capability.)

I've been working on the CRJ-700 here and there. Added POSKY's visual model, Simon's flight dynamic mods, Alex Barthel's gauge fixes merged into your EFIS/MFDs, switch sounds, cation/warning/advisory messages on the EFIS...so I do have an interest in those fixes for the VC.

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hi dave is it possible to dowbload and see your work? Thanks
as stated earlier in this thread the cockpit image in my signature is the download link.
I also posted the link somewhere on this thread more than a year ago.

Country
spain
Thanks, caually time ago I wanted to download this addon in the web and was imposible for me to find it.

Last edited:

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Actually I don't really consider this an official release, rather something beta like.
After I got a request from the Simviation.com adiministrators to have this one in their library I started again to spend some of my (very limited) time revisiting some codes like AutoLand and Overspeed.

Country
spain
I had followed a Little the thread and with the time I had thoght it was finished, sorry. be sure I searched for the addon :D. and No problem take your time.

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I had followed a Little the thread and with the time I had thoght it was finished, sorry. be sure I searched for the addon :D. and No problem take your time.
Nevertheless there is the version of summer 2016 still available when you click on the cockpit image in my signature.

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Small update on the flight controls override code:

Auto Land acts smoother now by reacting in 3rd power instead of linear. The reaction is also clipped to prevent overreaction in shaky conditions.
After touchdown the forward pitching is counteracted to prevent the nose gear from slamming into the ground.

Overspeed reaction has been redesigned into multiple steps so it does not destabilize the flight.

I'm still fiddling around some details so stay tuned. :)

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Once I'm home again, you can have the merge I've prepared for the CRJ, although I'm not sure what state I've left it in after my last post here.