• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MV-22B Osprey (Release 1.0)

Country
unitedkingdom
it would be nice, the member adding to plane this days is significant and could be another source of great donations or may it payware, please consider and let me know

Country
france
Hello

I don't agree... so yes it is beautiful, it is original, but no more vertical flight with tacpack.BIG PROBLEM! (But I would like to have a solution) Inconceivable if it had been paying.
Still, I would have liked to fly with and re-do the actual flights

Best regards
FREDDO

Country
indonesia
I try to keep this Osprey freeware/donation as I give respect and honour to Rob Barendregt, Jonathan bleeker and this community, that give "free" support and close tutorial to build the aircraft.
as I ever said in main Osprey forum thread, this Osprey would be build in phase. after all phase "finished", maybe I can look to Xplane (not consider yet). just want to know what Xplane can do to handle this multi-mission aircraft.
IMO convert this aircraft to xplane is not easy (convert model, system and gauge). I still don't know much about build aircraft in Xplane. I ever have Xplane 9, just sight seeing on software and Xplane "SDK" at that time and try demo on Xplane 10 (early). I like Xplane engine, truly amazing.

Country
indonesia
Hello

I don't agree... so yes it is beautiful, it is original, but no more vertical flight with tacpack.BIG PROBLEM! (But I would like to have a solution) Inconceivable if it had been paying.

Best regards
FREDDO
Yes, some user have problem when tacpack active, but not all. We know the suspect, and I try to solve by create new support system for Rob VTOL. Just patient.

rcbarend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hello

Best regards
FREDDO
Hello "FREDDO",

Well, I don't agree with you as to your remarks on the interworking issue with TacPack, and your conclusion that this is the reason why the MV22B package shouldn't be payware.
Respectfully, that is bull.....

Yes, for some users there is a problem between TacPack and the VTOL solution in this MV22B addon .......
But you appear to suggest that this interworking problem is caused by my VTOL solution .
If so, proof please ??

You reported this problem, and I suggested you to temporarily disable TacPack when flying the MV22B.
- Did you even try that ??
- And if you didn't try : why not ??
- And if you did try: did this solve the problem or not ??

Because your only answer was that you un-installed the MV22B package.
No problem with that (your choice); but I do have a problem with un-substanciated opinions like "Inconceivable if it had been paying"

Regards, Rob

Last edited:
Country
ca-ontario
Hey Freeddo!!

Don't forget that bird is a freeware for everybody to fly. You are using an addon that is not even part of FSX or P3D. Be careful with the choice of your words. You have any idea how many hours it took to all of those who created this bird for you to fly for FREE. If i were you i would say thank you to all instead and give everybody time to try to find a solution. Did you ask VRS to find a solution? You paid for the Tacpack ask them for support. I would like to see the answer you will get in the VRS support forum.

rcbarend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hey Freeddo!!

Don't forget that bird is a freeware for everybody to fly. You are using an addon that is not even part of FSX or P3D. Be careful with the choice of your words. You have any idea how many hours it took to all of those who created this bird for you to fly for FREE. If i were you i would say thank you to all instead and give everybody time to try to find a solution. Did you ask VRS to find a solution? You paid for the Tacpack ask them for support. I would like to see the answer you will get in the VRS support forum.
Thanks !!! for commenting this way too .....
And I really hope that FREDDO will react to our posts .....

Because my main frustration in making 16 years of freeware addons for FS has allways been (and probably will ever be): the apperant mis-conception of many flightsimmers , that there is an automatic relation between the price you pay for an FS addon ($0 to $...) and it's quality/realisme.
So don't get me started on this subject ... LoL

Cheers, Rob

Country
france
Hello everyone
No, excuse me for so little, I don't put in any way the EXCELLENT QUALITY OF THIS ADDON. Yes indeed, the defect comes from the interference of VRS, but I don't know how to solve this problem. But I will look !!!
Sorry to have crumpled you
BEST REGARD
FREDDO

Country
us-alabama
Freddo, I suggest that before complaining about incompatibility or other issues YOU FOLLOW ROB"S SUGGESTION and disable Tacpack before flying the MV-22! This is very easy to do through the Tacpack manager. The issue may or may not be related to running Tacpack and the MV-22 at the same time. It may be something else running in the background. I run Tacpack myself and have noticed no issues between the MV-22 and Tacpack. For the benefit of yourself, others, and the developers, please do as suggested and disable Tacpack through the Tacpack manager and give it a try. The only way that the developers can find a fix is to have clear, concise data to work with. Angry or frustrated posts do no good at all.

Country
france
Hello

The only things I have installed on my P3D since are the DINO CATANEO EF2000, and the TACPACK P3D. So I'm going to uninstall the 2, because before, my MV-22 was working properly ... enjoying this addon (I fly on board a real MV-22), which I never criticized, Would like to understand my problem, that's all.
I will follow the advice given above

Thank you for your answear

best reagard

FREDDO

rcbarend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
FREDDO,

There is no reason to Uninstall anything (that's a lot of work). Neither Tacpack nor the EF2000. The latter for sure won't solve it.
The only thing you need to try, is to temporarily disable tacpack through the tacpack manager and see if that helps.

As I explained earlier, only a few users with the MV22B, Tacpack and P3D have this problem, so there are other things contributing to the problem. If only I knew what.
But in all three cases I know of, disabling Tacpack solved the problem.

Rob

Country
unitedstates
Thanks !!! for commenting this way too .....
And I really hope that FREDDO will react to our posts .....

Because my main frustration in making 16 years of freeware addons for FS has allways been (and probably will ever be): ....

Cheers, Rob

I swear, I thought you were going to say "ungrateful douchebags" right there... But I digress...

Has anyone else had an issue with (when enabled in FSX:A) flying tips about a phantom empty tank selected while fully fueled and flying? I figure on full realism without infinite fuel checked it would have crashed if it were really out of petrol... Exact wording of the error is:
Flying Tip
Your fuel level is critically low in the selected tank. Automatic refuel is available now.
To complete this action, press: Ctrl + X

Ctrl+X doesn't make the alert go away, and it will persist through the entire flight. It doesn't bother me much, I just disable flying tips, just wonderin.

K.C.

Last edited:

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
I believe the "CTL+X" suggestion is an error in itself. I often get the altimeter is incorrect press ctl+x warning, plus several others. I am pretty sure altimeter calibration is ctl+B and pressing ctl+x has no effect in regard to any of the warnings, in fact, I do not believe the altimeter is out of calibration at the time of the warning. I suggest the tank fuel warning is a manifestation of the same error and otherwise unrelated to this user aircraft.

rcbarend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Never have this Flytip problem, since I never have it on ....;)

But I can imagine what happens in FSX.
In the MV22B package, the used fuel tanks are explicitely set in the code, based on contents, without taking a minimum into account.
Hence the wrong Flying tip.

Since most default aircraft (and may others) uses automatic selection of used tanks (in a specific order), so my guess is that FSX won't give a warning there (untill TOTAL fuel is too low).

Rob

Country
indonesia
Fuel tanks selection are automatic. change selection on one to another if fuel on respective tank is below 10 gallons.
IMO, thirds party software with special function in some case are beyond FSX engine, maybe this kind of case make flying tips give "false warning"

Country
unitedstates
Never have this Flytip problem, since I never have it on ....;)

But I can imagine what happens in FSX.
In the MV22B package, the used fuel tanks are explicitely set in the code, based on contents, without taking a minimum into account.
Hence the wrong Flying tip.

Since most default aircraft (and may others) uses automatic selection of used tanks (in a specific order), so my guess is that FSX won't give a warning there (untill TOTAL fuel is too low).

Rob

I turn it off when i notice it. It seems to turn itself on, prob an aircraft startup I did wrong. For me it's every time, so whatever default startup craft the manual tells you to run first before you make all the save flights on my system isn't set up right. If I remember correctly (i'm gonna check the manual to confirm), it was either the 737 or 747, which I don't think ive ever flown in fsx. Have Not really flown a jumbo jet since 98/2000/2002 days. I better redo all those save files.