• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v3 Installer and configurator for Global AI Ship Traffic P3D FSX

Country
denmark
Hi
The Global AI Ship Traffic project has grown very big (3 GB of files, 800 ships, global shipping routes) and logical next step would be to include a configurator and installer for P3D and FSX, which could reduce and increase regional shipping density; change between traffic with classic ship models from eg. the 60'ies, 80'ies and modern ships, eventually add static ships in selected ports, add static oil rigs offshore... All content is there, some has to be modified, but doing a configuration programme is far from my skills..
Is it paid...? well depends... the Global AI Ship Traffic is a freeware and will remain freeware so eventual remuneration will be limited, but I have no clue how big a task it would be to do a configurator.
Send me a PM if interested - or post here if you have suggestions for a magical solution...
Best regards
Henrik Nielsen

17051312480416112915038853.jpg

Option for static oil rigs...

17020501242316112914825302.jpg

Option classic ships from the 80'ies

17050806031416112915027004.jpg

Option Regional Shipping

Last edited:
A real easy way of avoiding a configurator would be to divide the AI traffic plans into portions. (I cannot think of a better way to explain it right now).
Let us say that you would only like the cargo ships but no Navy vessels. Then it would be an idea to make the flightplans in such a way that the ones that you want or the extra ones, come only if you set your AI boat traffic slider just lower than than the extra ones. In other words, if you do not want all ships to appear than make the percentage in the flightplans different for those that should not show up if not interesting.
It is not a perfect solution but would at least avoid having to use a configurator.

Country
denmark
A real easy way of avoiding a configurator would be to divide the AI traffic plans into portions. (I cannot think of a better way to explain it right now).
Let us say that you would only like the cargo ships but no Navy vessels. Then it would be an idea to make the flightplans in such a way that the ones that you want or the extra ones, come only if you set your AI boat traffic slider just lower than than the extra ones. In other words, if you do not want all ships to appear than make the percentage in the flightplans different for those that should not show up if not interesting.
It is not a perfect solution but would at least avoid having to use a configurator.

Hi Roby,
Thanks for your reply - to a certain extent they are already divided in one way in terms of different regions having different prefixes and files can be update so the the "density" can be varied. However, that would still leave users to do some manual changes if they want just high traffic in one region; the idea is to have a very easy to use configuration tool. It might be an overkill?
Regards
Henrik

WebSimConnect

Resource contributor
Henrik, what the install tool is supposed to do ?. Copying files, modifying XML ? or ini files ? or something more sophisticated ?

When I had to do the setup for my stuff I used as suggested in this forum "NSIS setup creator". Without any prior knowledge on the tool, it took me 2-3 days to learn the tool to build setup that:
- detects ALL FSX/P3D instances on PC and allows the user to make a selection of the destination sim.
- copy files to FSX subfolders (selectable sections of what components to copy, i.e. something like your regions)
- modify DLL.XML file
- modify several INI files.

If your setup is limited to those operation, I suggest using free NSIS tool. If you are interested I can send you sample script file for NSIS that does the above.

I also use NSIS as configurator tool that based on user selection modifies my configuration files (ini format)

Marcin

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
You should probably also look into this software called Carrier and Convoy Planner. It is similar to Lamont Clark's AICarriers except it has a it's own user interface, it is configurable and executable while the simulator is running and it accomodates a much wider variety of objects and courses.

Country
denmark
Do I understand it correctly that CCP can be used to make our own routes with Henriks' ships? That would be awesome.

Rotornut44

Resource contributor
Country
us-florida
Install Creator 2 is also a pretty easy to use auto install creator. You can set up different versions (For FSX, P3Dv2, or P3Dv3 specific files) I'm not sure if you can use it to append lines to files such as dll.xml, but I'm sure it can be done in some way. (Maybe using batch script?) I haven't had to mess with that yet..

As far as a configurator, depending on what and how much you need to turn on or off, you could probably look into using the 29Palms Scenery Configurator. They offer both a paid and free version. I have used it in a few of my sceneries so far, and it works great!

Country
hungary
If none of the above fits your needs, drop me a PM. I can put together a free custom installer/configurator tool in less than a month i would say (depends on the number of options needed).