• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 XMLTools - XMLTABLES not functioning correctly

Country
australia
Tom,

Is it possible something in XMLTABLES got broken with the upgrade to 64bit?

The reason I'm asking is that I use the tables a lot for engine code and code that was functioning 100% in FSX/P3Dv2/P3Dv3 with XMLTABLES suddenly isn't i'm getting 110 and 310 table errors spat out of it even though as mentioned the code worked fine before.

and example that is returning a 310 error on me is this which is about as simple as you can get :/

Code:
(>@t:TableBegin, bool)
            'Throttle' (>@t:TableAddName,string)
            '1.00' (>@t:TableAddHeader,string)
            '1, 00.00' (>@t:TableAddRow,string)
            '9, 00.00' (>@t:TableAddRow,string)
            (>@t:TableEnd,bool)
            (@t:TableError,number) (>L:0A_TC_TableError_1,number)

other times it seems to not throw 310 on tables instead on creation the error will be 0 yet when you go and try and interact with the table you get 110 which is table does not exist.

I've tried rewriting the code in lua to see if that would fix it .. no joy (and 6 hrs of rewriting).. everything keeps coming back to the tables not reading correctly.

-Rob.

taguilo

Resource contributor
Country
argentina
There's definitely something wrong with table names assigned to XMLTables variables.
Weird enough, this only happens in XML gauges; tables called from C++ gauges work flawless.

I have to do some tests. Hope to figure out a solution as soon as possible.

Tom

taguilo

Resource contributor
Country
argentina
Not yet Robert, sorry.

I've been very busy, without time to check it properly. Hope to do that very soon.

Tom

Country
india
Dear Tom,

I had created an XML gauge to calculate and set V-speeds for the Majestic Dash 8 Q400. The gauge makes extensive use of XMLTABLES to extract and interpolate the tabular data. Although designed for use in FSX (as I do not use any version of P3D), other users reported that the gauge worked reliably in P3Dv1-v3 as well.

However, with the upgradation of the MJC8Q400 to P3Dv4, users of the 64-bit version have reported that the gauge now displays erratic and spurious results from the V-Speed computation:
http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/2783/xml-gauge-to-calculate-and-set-v-speeds#Item_35
This appears to be another instance of the problem discussed in this thread, and I am reporting it to you for your reference.

Needless to say, we are all awaiting an updated version of your marvelous creation (XMLTools for P3Dv4).

Thanks and Regards,

Chakko.

taguilo

Resource contributor
Country
argentina
Guys,

I've been doing some tests and it's complicated. As I stated before, tables called from C++ gauges work perfect, XML ones are the problem.
I'm tempted to believe it is a v4.x bug in XML parser, but don't find it reasonable, so I keep testing.

Will let you know when I have positive results,

Thanks for your patience.

Tom

EDIT: I think I have an idea on what is going on, hope to fix it soon.

Last edited:
Country
canada
EDIT: I think I have an idea on what is going on, hope to fix it soon.

Do you have any updates on this. I installed this for the first time yesterday and it also gives me weird numbers. I'd really like to have this Q400 vspeed gauge working. Thanks.

taguilo

Resource contributor
Country
argentina
Yes I have an "unofficial" version that should solve XMLTables and XMLVars issues.
Still pending an XMLKeys issue regarding limited number of events capturable, as reported by one user. Need to check that in deep.

You can give it a try and report back.

Thanks
Tom

Attachments

• XMLTools64.zip
    100.7 KB · Views: 620
Country
canada
Yes it works now. Can you make it available 'officially', I could provide feedback on the majestic forums.

Thanks

Attachments

• vspeed.jpg
    vspeed.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 415
Country
india
Dear Tom,
A couple of users of my V-Speed Gauge for the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 have reported that with P3Dv5-HF2 (onwards) the gauge again displays erratic and spurious results from the V-Speed computation:
http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/245/v-speed-calculator-and-setter-xml-gauge#latest
This appears to be a re-appearence of the problem with XMLTables discussed in this thread, which was solved for P3Dv4 though your updated dll at https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/attachments/xmltools64-zip.40019/ . The updated dll appears not to work with P3Dv5-HF2, and I am reporting it to you for your reference.
Thanks and Regards,
Chakko.

Last edited: