• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

[FSXA] CYTZ Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport

Country
us-colorado
Hello everyone, I am pleased to announce the production of CYTZ - Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport for FSX by a new team called Saint Lawrence Designs. Our website is currently under construction...

Now before you make an opinion on the following images, I must let everyone know a few things:

• First scenery development
  • Beginning phases, final product will be much more refined and detailed (not all buildings are completed)
  • Will be offered at simmarket when finished (it will not be pricey at all)
  • Expected completion: End of Summer 2012
  • Currently in development for FSX only at this time
  • Will update with more photos as the project progresses

qcB4.png

qcLd.png

qcMC.png

Ground poly is being laid down as this is posted, shots will follow shortly. We were having issues with the main hangar's textures and are being fixed (the hangar is more detailed than this early shot may hint) and shall have in-game screens shortly.

I understand their may be concerns over quality etc. but we assure you there will be a rapid progression in that field and this smaller airport will become a favorite, especially with the Toronto skyline so close to the airport, truly creating a location in FSX that you do not see quite often.

In the future we will announce other scenery plans we have and some other secret projects we are working on. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Country
us-northcarolina
Very nice! Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport is the only actual international destination from Myrtle Beach International Airport (via Porter Airlines), so this one will be exciting for me :D Keep up the good work you got going there.

Country
unitedstates
I can tell you that a payware developer is planning to make the airport. But can't say which at this time. ;)

Country
unitedstates
Sorry CYTZ has a payware high class
http://simaddons.com/pages/simaddons_preview_CYTZ.htm
Tell other payware get in the holding pattern and grab a number. I heard a good quality Freeware is always better, looking forward to her buggsy44.

Yeah, that stuff looks like outdated freeware. The developer in question is among the most respected in the industry. But anyway, relax and enjoy your freeware with a smile. There is no holding pattern and no numbers to grab because no one else is doing it.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Also: Freeware >>> Payware.

(Based on the simple fact that it's freaking free and anything being better than the default offering.)

Country
ca-quebec
I've been toying around with Programs like ADE, SBuilder and the SDK kit for quite some time, and I've decided that I think CYTZ would be a great Project to start.

Ive got experiance in 3dsmax and Photoshop.. the onlything I'm lacking right now is High Resolution Photos.. Any Ideas?

I was going to call up Natural Resources Canada or something similar and see what I can conjure up.

I've already started patching together a photo accurate AFCAD file in ADE, Which I will release when I finish.

This Project will be for FSX.
Not even going to think of a release date yet, just want to start production.

I like the approach FSDT takes on scenery development, and I'll be starting with Photoreal 3d models in Max for the terrain.

Apple Maps Has a very nice quality 3d view of the airport. Id love to know who their source is, not something id use for the project , but definately use for reference in 3d modelling

IMG_0228.PNG

IMG_0226.PNG

I can tell you that a payware developer is planning to make the airport. But can't say which at this time.
I Assume you mean FlyTampa?
It's on their website as a dot.. atleast, I like to think its YTZ.

No matter, This will be freeware. Id like to see how much I can do with it.

Last edited:
Country
ca-quebec
I went ahead and checked it out. Though it is a cool tool to use, the imagery is simply not high enough of a resolution. I found that a combo of Bing Maps and Yahoo maps produces a good amount of images, plus apple maps gives the most detail on ground objects.. If only I could use apple maps on my Mac...

I use my iPad Mini to get screenshots from apple maps, and I suppose ill edit and string them together with photoshop... This may be less fun than i thought :(

Ive started work in 3ds Max , modeling the whole island. If anyone is interested in working on this project , send me a pm.
I could use another modeler , since im having to do a quick max refresher lol

Last edited: