• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Aerofly FS 2; SDK

Country
us-california
It sure does. Quite a violent one.

Yeah buddy!

Getting back on topic, the paint job on Lionheart's Rutan, and the way it is displayed in the sim is amazing. It looks like a custom paint job on a Chip Foose custom roadster. I am looking forward to the aircraft SDK being released, and seeing Lionheart's Learjet flying in Aerofly 2.

Cheers
Gman

Country
unitedstates
Quote from the aerosoft steam community.

"We have already spent some time developing several systems. If you take a look at the Cessna 172 for example, almost all switches in the cockpit work (apart from the intercom and engine-cut off). You can even set the battery master off to kill all electronics or turn them off individually. People usually compare our default simulator with the payware add-ons that came 10 years after the initial release of FSX. Of course we don't have all that yet but I think we have quite a number of switches in the cockpits that do the appropriate thing. Autobrakes, autospoilers, LNAV, VNAV, cockpit lighting, external lights, thats most of the things that you see when you prepare the aircraft from a taxi to a takeoff state or from cruise to landing and so on.

I've spend the past seven years with the Aerofly RC and FS series and I can assure you, as a developer in the IPACS team, that in the Aerofly FS 2 almost every system could be implemented right now. The aircraft definition files can be edited with a text-editor and there is nothing really stopping you from implementing your own systems into existing default aircraft or with the release of the SDK, with your own aircraft. We just lack the man-power to simply throw out an update that adds every imaginable system there is. But I can't see a reason why it should not be possible to add increadible complex systems to the sim.

The SDK for the scenery is already out for evaluation, aircraft SDK is being prepared right now. With the project included in the SDK thrid party developers can connect to the simulator and read and write data to the core physics simulation. With this its possible to implement any feature that you see in other simulators.
There are a few things that we would like to implement ourselves first, so that not every third party development team has to redo the programming of complex physics elements such as hydraulics"

Country
us-arizona
Quote from the aerosoft steam community.

Nice..........

Sounds like me... Under-manned... Unable to get everything done. Underwater with the Fokker 100, wanting to do the Q200 (and all my other planes) into Aerofly simulator format, start doing airports (for Aerofly), getting paperwork done in the business, dealing with family issues.

Country
unitedstates
In other words..... real life. I had one of those, once......

It was too hard. Now I daydream a lot, instead. :wave:

Country
us-arizona
I put aside this week to learn parts of the SDK (animations) to get my little Q200 running proper in the simulator.

Some good progress today. Ive got some animated parts. Many more to go, but I have moving parts. Soon I'll be getting the gauges working, the needle animations. For now, flight surfaces, prop discs, etc.

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_05_20161004-231832 - Copy.jpg
aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_02_20161004-231655 - Copy.jpg
aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_03_20161004-231731 - Copy.jpg

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I think Aerofly will be the perfect market for your models, Bill. They're almost exclusively GA, have an emphasis on looks and you won't have to mess around with XML.
And you'll be the first to the buffet, so to speak.

Country
unitedstates
Last edited:
Country
us-texas
I'd like to see someone make an Aerofly FS 2 airport here in a thread, cause I surely don't want to be the guinea pig :)
I wonder if their Dev tools are easier than FSX, who knows.

I was amazed by some of the screenshots of their grass textures on their site, but I didn't buy their sim yet cause I don't want to get distracted.
I don't care for their PR quality, but their night lighting - aircraft - buildings - and textures at the airports (especially their RC sim), amazing...

Country
unitedstates
I'd like to see someone make an Aerofly FS 2 airport here in a thread, cause I surely don't want to be the guinea pig :)
I wonder if their Dev tools are easier than FSX, who knows.

I was amazed by some of the screenshots of their grass textures on their site, but I didn't buy their sim yet cause I don't want to get distracted.
I don't care for their PR quality, but their night lighting - aircraft - buildings - and textures at the airports (especially their RC sim), amazing...

Just a heads up that the SDK does include an airport example and instructions......

You might also find this thread interesting: http://www.ipacs.de/forum/showthread.php/7794-SDK-airport-question