1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AI traffic and high terrain

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by Thomas Börjesson, 13 May 2017.

1. Thomas Börjesson

Thomas Börjesson

sweden
    I have a problem.I have made a flightplan with AIFP starting in Asiago LIDA to Saanen LSGK with a Cessna 182 aircraft. Starting 08.00 LIDA and after landing in LSGK it returns to LIDA. The problem is that it is no aircraft in LIDA 07.50 and not at 08.00. In Traffic Toolbox there are no sign of the aircraft at any time before or after 08.00. The airports are surrended of high mountains. I have set the flightlevel to 140 to get clear for the mountains. I have tried the same flightplan between two airports in Sweden and thats no problem.

Anyone who have an idea. Is it possible to get AI traffic in these type of areas.

Thomas
    Near ESNN

2. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    Without having the flight plan/traffic file, it's difficult to say with certainty what's happening.

We know there is a problem with aircraft landing on low terrain close to mountains after crossing the mountains. Generally, its due to the inability of the aircraft to descend fast enough to land. Descending from 14000' in a 182 on an approach may not be possible. To be sure this is the cause, you'll have to follow the aircraft from takeoff (or intercept it enroute).

However, the absence of any reference in Traffic Toolbox Explorer also suggests the flight plan was never executed - for whatever reason.

Don

3. Golf-HotelDelta

Golf-HotelDelta

england
    The Cessna crashes into the mountains on approach to LSGK.

4. robystar

robystar

Try to make a curved approach with ADE. Unfortunately, the guru (Jim Vile, that I still miss every day and that taught us how to) has passed on to a better world (hopefully with FS included):(.

5. Flattermann

Flattermann

austria
    Hi Thomas!
    Mountains or not. At least at 0800 there has to be your AI-Aircraft at LINDA. Maybe it crashed later in the mountains, but if your flightplan is ok, the aircraft has to be at its place at LINDA. I think ther is a problem with your aircraft or with the flightplan!
    Could you upload your flightplan? I tried it by myself and my aircraft leaves at 0800 LINDA:)

Last edited: 15 May 2017
  6. Thomas Börjesson

Thomas Börjesson

sweden
    Hi
    After ours of testing I found that my problem dose not relate to high terrain. Every flightplan I make that includes an airport outside Sweden makes the AI- aircraft dosen´t appear at the starting airport. I have to examples
    with the same aircraft. GA_ESNU_ESNN_ESPC this filghtplan works ok. Flightplan GA_ESMT_EKSV nothing appears att in Traffic Toolbox.

Attached Files:

7. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Thomas, please post the complete file set or, preferably, the traffic files. Also, please check that the issue is not due to use of a mix of standard and daylight savings times - which could delay registration of the traffic file.

Don

8. Thomas Börjesson

Thomas Börjesson

sweden
    Hi Don
    Could you please explain a bit more what you mean by " a mix of standard and daylight saving times". I post the traffic files.

/Thomas

Attached Files:

9. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Thomas, I am unable to open either traffic file - which may explain the strange operation. I don't have time to explore why right now, but will tomorrow morning.

Regarding "a mix of standard and daylight saving times", unless you specified otherwise, departure times are in GMT based on standard time. If in summer you have a flight starting or ending at an airport that observes daylight savings time, arrivals may be one hour early or late, depending on the specifics. I wanted to be sure you had taken that eventuality into account.

I'll respond further tomorrow.

Don

Edit: Please disregard the comment above about being unable to load your traffic files. A bit of "finger-trouble". I have examined both files and can find no fault.

If the issue is not standard vs summer time (please check and confirm), then I have no idea at the moment what is the problem. I will have another look tomorrow morning while executing the flight plans.

Don

Last edited: 15 May 2017
  10. Flattermann

Flattermann

austria
    I also will try your flightplan. Could you send your flightplan LINDA - LSGK too?

11. Thomas Börjesson

Thomas Börjesson

sweden
    Hi Christian
    Here is the traffic file for LIDA-LSGK

/Thomas

Attached Files:

12. Thomas Börjesson

Thomas Börjesson

sweden
    Hi Don
    About standard and daylight saving times. I have tried to compile in UTC time and UTC+1. I tried local time in standard or summertime. With every of this combinations I have tried to loook in the simulator 1,2,3 and 4 hours before and after the departure time in the flightplan and no sign of the AI aicraft.

/Thomas

13. Flattermann

Flattermann

austria
    Hi Thomas,
    all your flightplans work for me (I only had to change the aircraft).
    I would proof if there are some disturbing FS9 traffic-files. Try 'Bulk Traffic' menu > 'Find FS9 Traffic Files'.

14. Thomas Börjesson

Thomas Börjesson

sweden
    Hi Christian!
    Thank you for your advise. There was 3 old FS9 traffic files in my system. Converting them and now my flightplan work. Very nice. Thank you again my friend and happy flying!

/Thomas

15. Flattermann

Flattermann

austria
    :wave: you are welcome; prima :)

16. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Thomas, for future reference, there is a trouble-shooting guide in the user manual, which is also referenced at the top of this forum. Please also refer to the sticky above regarding mixing FS9 and FSX traffic files.

Don