• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 AIFP 3.2.0.6q odd one EHAM

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Don,

I'm running the latest Dev release and P3D4. So far no problems, until about 2 minutes ago when creating a plan from EGLL to EHAM. When I type EHAM in the destination field of the FP, it correctly updates the Airport list with EHAM Amsterdam/Schiphol, however when I click or tab out of the destination box, the box goes blank. I've tried a couple of different ICAO codes in the destination which seem to be OK, such as EGAA, EGAC, EICK etc. I've no Addon scenery for EHAM installed. A curious one.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Is this repeatable with EHAM, or is it a one-time occurrence? It won't have anything to do with whether or not you have an add-on airport.

If it is repeatable, perhaps you can send me a screenshot and tell me exactly how to reproduce the issue.

Don

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Don,

I've tried creating an FP from fresh as can be seen in the screenshot below and the behavior is repeatable. Originally I noticed it in an FP I had started a few nights back and was simply adding to it. In the test below, I closed the program and started a fresh, added in the aircraft you see, and selected the options you see. After typing in EHAM, the airport list updates, but the destination blanks. Hope this is of help.

thanks,

Ben

Attachments

• aifp3.2.0.6q-1.JPG
    aifp3.2.0.6q-1.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 287
Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Don,

I've tried 3.3.0.8 and 3.2.0.8(a) and EHAM still refuses to stay in the GUI. Appreciate you've been busy with the new updates, but any thoughts? Can anyone else try to create a flight plan with Schiphol as the destination and validate whether or not its just me.

Thanks,

Ben

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I guess I neglected to advise you that I tried but was unable to reproduce the issue. Are you using a non-English version of Windows or do you have a language other than English selected? If so, please try again with English. If not, please zip up the following files and send them to me: AirportList.dat, AirportList_AddonPaths.dat and AirportList_)Addons.dat.

Don

Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks Don. English UK here, and English US is installed too. TBH its something that's bugging me if you know what I mean. I've zipped up the files below. I appreciate your time. Many thanks.

Attachments

• AirportList_EHAM Issue.zip
    837.9 KB · Views: 162

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Mystery solved!!! It's a Day 1 problem.

Flightsim identifies the country of certain FS9 stock airports as "country, The". "Netherlands, The" is one of them. FSX, on the other hand omits the ", The" - at least in the case of Netherlands. So, depending on the origin and history of your AirporList.dat, the country associated with EHAM (and other airports in the Netherlands) could be either "Netherlands", or "Netherlands, The". In your case it was the latter, in mine, the former. Note that only some of your Dutch airports, including EHAM, had "Netherlands, The" as their country. Others had just "Netherlands" and would not have been subject to this difficulty.

When specifying a departure or destination airport, one of the checks is whether or not the timezone of the airport is known. If the timezone is known (i.e., included in TimeZones.dat), the entry is accepted. If not, the airport is rejected and the textbox is blanked - which is what was happening in your case (stay with me). Timezone data was supplied only for country "Netherlands". Since the country of record for EHAM in your case was "Netherlands, The", no time zone information was available and the entry was rejected.

Under such circumstances, an error message was intended to be output. But, at some point in deep, dark history, code was inserted to output the message only if local time display was active. Obviously, you were programming in GMT.

In Development Release 3.2.08(b), now available at http://stuff4fs.com, I have enhanced the timezone search by checking for both country and "country, The", since there are a number of countries so affected. And. the "no timezone error" message is now output irrespective of local time selection.

Don

Country
unitedkingdom
Don, you are a legend! I really thought I was going mad. Many thanks for taking the time with looking into this. :)