• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Airbus A350 XWB

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
While I have been enjoying the new MSFS, I of course wanted to get my A350 exterior model in the sim as soon as I could. Now, I am still reading up on how to do that exactly. In any case, I've done some housekeeping in terms of labelling things in my Blender scene. This was something that urgently needed to be done and now I can say the labels make sense (no more Circle.##). I hope to be able to start exporting the aircraft soon again and show you guys what she looks like in MSFS.

Country
france
Yeaahhh, So happy to hear from you !!! I can't wait to see your A350 in MSFS, I love this sim so much already :D
I Hope You and the Family are doing good ;)

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
It's a start to port this to MSFS. Although getting my head around to understanding it all is proving to be difficult. It's likely to be a while before she is on her own gears as I am trying to figure it all out. But at the very least I see a wingtips that looks like an A350's. Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe!

1606158443932.png

1606158476670.png

Country
france
Mmmhhh, Seeing this plane in THIS Hangar is something I was wishing for since a long time now :)

Thanks for showing me this F747Fly :)

Country
malaysia
If you using the Blender2MSFS toolset, I don't think it supports aircraft export currently. I am not very sure about it but I have seen someone in A32NX discord mentioned it is not supporting aircraft exporting yet. That is the reason they creating their own toolset for the default aircraft being imported and exported correctly.

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Mmmhhh, Seeing this plane in THIS Hangar is something I was wishing for since a long time now :)

Thanks for showing me this F747Fly :)

I have as well, because I really struggled with the SDK thus far.

If you using the Blender2MSFS toolset, I don't think it supports aircraft export currently. I am not very sure about it but I have seen someone in A32NX discord mentioned it is not supporting aircraft exporting yet. That is the reason they creating their own toolset for the default aircraft being imported and exported correctly.

And this very much explains why that is the case... So right now there is no clear way to export an aircraft to MSFS from Blender?

Country
france
Well, I know we are not there yet, but you can singn me in for MSFS BetaTesting (Not FSX anymore sadly, I definitely switched xD)

Country
malaysia
And this very much explains why that is the case... So right now there is no clear way to export an aircraft to MSFS from Blender?
Indeed. Either have to wait the Blender2MSFS toolset to be ready for aircraft export or wait until A32NX complete their toolset. It looks like their toolset will be ready soon. You may see the progress of their toolset in their discord.

Country
malaysia
Indeed. Either have to wait the Blender2MSFS toolset to be ready for aircraft export or wait until A32NX complete their toolset. It looks like their toolset will be ready soon. You may see the progress of their toolset in their discord.
I found some plane maker has been successfully export Blender model into the sim via the toolset. You may try asking him how that was possible.

97F9D4F1-28CB-4132-B499-A37680EB78F8.jpeg

Last edited:
@F747fly are you still into this project? I’m a blender user too mainly a modeler. I’m the one working on the freeware A320NEO fleet for P3D currently W.I.P. I also have a A350 model in very very early stages.

Attachments

• 2F0E84AE-758F-4DA3-8166-AE32511B0522.png
    2F0E84AE-758F-4DA3-8166-AE32511B0522.png
    208.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 7AB2F68B-DD9A-4B60-A98A-E332FEB6308D.jpeg
    7AB2F68B-DD9A-4B60-A98A-E332FEB6308D.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 152
  • 443B2B60-DFE7-4EB9-9B8B-7DB32429B473.jpeg
    443B2B60-DFE7-4EB9-9B8B-7DB32429B473.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 142

Ronald

Resource contributor
It's a start to port this to MSFS. Although getting my head around to understanding it all is proving to be difficult.
"First drain Cup from old wisdom, before trying to fill it up with new msfs2020 knowledge" - an old Zen phrase.

It's likely to be a while before she is on her own gears as I am trying to figure it all out.
At least you have all parts already assembled in 1 place inside your MSFS2020.
That is a good start, Just keep going!

But at the very least I see a wingtips that looks like an A350's.
You already have gotten this far, so I'm very sure you will master the rest of (the wings, body fuselage and entire plane) it too. Keep'm coming those WIP screenshots