• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Aircraft And Runway Length problem

Country
canada
Working on Gander WW2 1944 project. AI disappears shortly after departure time. Runways 1691.3M . If I extend that to 2,500M , all AI traffic depart fine. I am confused why the correct runway length wont allow WW2 aircraft from Tigermoths to B17's to depart. That simply vanish shortly after departure time.

Help would greatly be appreciated.
AL

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Can you post your ADE file or an image of the runway? Your length is actually very close to the rated combat take off length for b-17G with a 50' obstruction at the end of the runway, according to this document. I believe you may have taxi links between the ends of the runway that significantly shorten the available take off distance, is that possible?

Country
canada
Hi Rick,
Thanks for getting back to me. This is an FS9 project as that's what sim the Gander Aviation museum is running. Here is a screen shot of the afcad. I have been doing several test with it . This is the version that AI disappear. When I extend the runway to the left its fine. Traffic is departing and landing from right to left only. The runway in yellow is the only active runway that I am working with. Hope this helps.
Al

Attachments

• Gander Afcad.PNG
    Gander Afcad.PNG
    159.6 KB · Views: 407

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
I see. The situation is similar to what I'd suspected. Please as a test, remove the intermediary start positions that are along the length of the runway, also please remove any taxi links that join to the runway between the two end start points. I don't believe the sim is robust enough to support the sort of "indeterminate start point" that was common in the period that you are trying to reproduce. If I am correct, you can have your tarmac look any you'd like, so long as the traffic pattern conforms to the more traditional FSX style of all planes taking off from a common hold short and landing at the active end of an active runway.

Country
canada
I will do that today. See what happens. If its still messed I will send you the actual file. Thanks again for the help, really appreciate it
Al

Country
canada
I did exactly what you mentioned Rick. All working perfect now. Been doing test last night and today. Now have a couple exits with hold shorts so planes can exit the active quicker eliminating go around.

Thanks so much, really appreciate you help
AL