• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Animated Jetway

Country
us-arkansas
Hello everyone,

I'm recreating KXNA Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport. If you would like to see pics and stay up to date with this on-going project, please refer to this thread...

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/im-working-on-scenery-2017.439274/

Anyway, one of my future concerns is animated jetways for Concourse B.

Here is a picture of what they look like irl...

10441.jpg

Can someone be so kind as to refer me to a step by step guide on how to create something like this, or provide me with information on where to start? I feel confident I can create nice static models, but my goal is for them to be animated. I haven't even attempted animations yet, but I'm willing to learn.

Thank you!

Country
us-arkansas
I just watched that video. Thanks again for sharing the link. I'm not familiar at all with GMax, but it's definitely something I will need to learn :teacher:.

Country
us-arkansas
I'm currently using sketchup. It doesn't offer anything in the way of animations, so I will need to learn to use GMax. Unless... I can find someone to animate a jetway model for me :mischievo

Country
us-arkansas
The video was easy to understand, but the video quality wasn't all that great. Once I get the terminal to the quality I want, I'll dedicate some time to animated jetways. It's something I'm going to need how to know how to do anyway.

Im afraid most good tutorials only cover gmax

There are some really good tutorials out there on the forums.

Country
honduras
I'm currently using sketchup. It doesn't offer anything in the way of animations, so I will need to learn to use GMax. Unless... I can find someone to animate a jetway model for me :mischievo
Yeap, i recommended Gmax, is a 3d modeller free and complete for fsx/p3d :)

Country
us-texas
there has got to be a way of making animations work with SKU. I have promised myself I would experiment with it but have not had the time. It must be something in the naming convention of solids/lines/surfaces. :)

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
I model in SU and animate with FSDS and on one occasion made a walking, waving ramp agent with hip, knee, shoulder and elbow animations. In fact, on one leg I made the calf kind of kick at the end of the leg swing, while on the other leg the knee bent as the leg started it's arc - in front of as opposed to behind the model. The effect was to produce the slightest limp and I think it looked more realistic that way, so I left it and if these guys ever get their .dll's squared away, we may see that limping marshaller in an upcoming release.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
He's most likely long finished that jetway by now, don't you suppose?

Country
us-ohio
He's most likely long finished that jetway by now, don't you suppose?
Do you stalk me just to criticize and harass me? This forum isn't just for one person. It is to help anyone looking for help. For the life of me I can't remember who told me that

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
You are kidding, right? This forums is absolutely for one person, obviously and I'm being lambasted by him. The problem is that he doesn't know when to stop. If someone is working on a jetway, offer them help, as I did. Come back a year later, harp at them about procedure as if they've not accomplished a thing in the intervening time - and then turn on innocent bystanders who happen to get caught in your crossfire, for the crime of stating the obvious. In fact, it's starting to look like your post was intentional clickbait. No trolling!