1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSXA AS365 Dauphin

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by euroastar350, 20 Mar 2017.

1. euroastar350

euroastar350 Resource contributor

puertorico
    Hi guys,

So some are wondering why a screenshot of the Cerasim AS365 Dauphin which is a payware product. Well this project involves this product and the various freeware models available for FS2004 and FSX. One of my pet peeves is a good helicopter package, but with sounds aliased to the default Bell 206 or no sound at all. While the Cerasim product has decent sounds, they don't sound like the real deal and the various freeware models out now have wrong sounds or no sounds at all. This is where myself and Sergio ( @antaris ) comes into play. We both have put together the best Dauphin sounds with screech of the original 11 blade fenestron tail rotor and the latest low noise 10 blade tail rotor. The sounds were recorded from the real aircraft including a custom Turbomeca Arriel turbine engine sound suite also recorded from the real Dauphin helicopter expertly crafted by Sergio. So our aim is to give the older freeware models a custom sound set and updating the Cerasim product with our sounds. But that's not all, I am improving the flight dynamics for the freeware models and Cerasim product and create all new gauges for the freeware models. So this was the big surprise Sergio mentioned in his Bell 407 thread and Sergio did a very outstanding job recreating the screech from the original Dauphin fenestron and the latest fenestron :cool: More to follow....
    2017-3-20_13-50-6-695.jpg

Denesboy, Gman and antaris like this.
  2. Heretic

Heretic Resource contributor

germany
    Sounds and flight dynamics are an often overlooked aspect of aircraft add-ons (and quite hard to get right, to be fair), so kudos to you guys.

Gman and antaris like this.
  3. hairyspin

hairyspin Resource contributor

unitedkingdom
    A really good sound pack is a great enhancement to a model: well done guys!

Gman and antaris like this.
  4. Trans1007

Trans1007

us-texas
    More Dauphin's equals me being in Sim Heaven. Still waiting to see the big brother the AS565 Panther.

5. Denesboy

Denesboy

unitedkingdom
    Just started flying this beast, a little unsteady at times and the sound does indeed need improving I very much look forward to your improvements.

6. euroastar350

euroastar350 Resource contributor

puertorico
    My new FDE is about done and a specific sound configuration for the Cerasim AS365 is also done as the one supplied to me by Sergio is not compatible with the Cerasim offering. My idea is to update many older freeware helicopters from the FS2004era and possibly early FSX helicopters with new sound systems, gauges, FDE, etc and my first example will be Antti Pankonnen's AS365 and the remodeled version by the Devin brothers. These will take time to do as I have a couple of models to finish off and release. At some point in the future, I would like to expand my rotorcraft lineup with a new freeware AS365/EC155. Myself and Sergio are looking at the possibilities of bringing one to life.

7. Denesboy

Denesboy

unitedkingdom
    Be nice to see an EC155 as Nate keeps teasing us all with his model and I'd also like an AW139 or 189 as thats all that we have helicopter wise in my part of the world, keep up the good work.

Tom

Nater likes this.
  8. Nater

Nater

germany
    Never fear...the project is not dead Denes...just haven't had a whole lot of free time lately....I work 10 hour shifts with a 2 hour commute each direction 4-5 weekly....

antaris and Denesboy like this.
  9. Denesboy

Denesboy

unitedkingdom
    Good to hear you're still working on it Nate as for the level of work im surprised if your PC even gets switched on.

Tom

10. Nater

Nater

germany
    It gets turned on for an hour or so Tom....otherwise I will never hear the end of my other half complaining...George knows what I mean....he has met her! LOL!

antaris and Denesboy like this.
  11. Denesboy

Denesboy

unitedkingdom
    Are we still taking about the PC... good to see you guys have a sense of humour.

Kind Regards

Tom

Nater likes this.