• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v5 Can an effect be added/interact with autogen?

Country
unitedstates
Just throwing out this question. Can one create an effect that will work with/interact with autogen (vegetation and/or buidlings)? I haven't done any research on this as I start to look at threads here but thought I would start by asking. Anyone done something like this?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
What do you mean when you say interact with autogen? What kind of effect are you thinking about?

Country
unitedstates
Sorry, forgot about this thread. Take for example, would it be possible to change an autogen tree texture to say a different color or a different tree texture (I guess sort of like seasons), but on the fly without having to reload the scenery. It would be "injected"in real time.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I think autogen trees can only switch models based on seasons. But you might want to try to use a visibility condition in the model, maybe that works (not sure what the performance would be).

Country
unitedstates
Ah... good idea. What about an object model or a library object? Think they can be injected? What if a agn tree was created as an library object? Just thinking out loud.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Each agn tree is a library object already (each season is a separate model).