1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSX Co-ordinate Conversion Crash

Discussion in 'Airport Design Editor' started by connomar, 3 Feb 2017.

1. connomar

connomar

us-minnesota
    One of the amazing features of ADEX 1.70 is it's ability to convert different Lat/Lon coordinates when placing objects. My method is to use Google Earth Pro, position a place marker, then copy and paste the Lat and Lon into a single text string in the comments field. This I then copy and paste into the comments on ADEX when placing an item, e.g. a Taxi Sign. I can then swiftly copy and paste the Lat and Lon from Comments. This has the advantage that I can see at a glance which signs I have done and which are stock. ADEX converts this to decimal in my case, and all is well.

The problem I have encountered is that if I try and position a Vertex point on a GP Poly, ADEX crashes out with an error indicating the format was wrong. I am wondering if the function calls on Vertex dialogue boxes are using an earlier function that doesn't convert over such a wide breadth of inputs?

2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
  3. connomar

connomar

us-minnesota
    Just so I don't waste your time here, the format I am passing works absolutely fine when placing objects such as jet bridges, Helpers, taxi signs, models. It only fails when the same format is used with Vertices. Each time I have had a failure, I've sent the log, so you might be able to search for it under my email address of mgconnor@hotmail.co.uk . If not I'll collect the logs. Thanks a lot.

p.s. Here is the format I am sending:

41°58'18.76"N
    87°54'2.48"W

4. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    I can replicate it but I am not sure what is going on. I will see if I can find the problem.

5. connomar

connomar

us-minnesota
    Thanks Jon. I came across another weird problem, where Terrain Polys disappear after reloading. They still work, but can't be seen. Locating them in the List Tool allows them to be made visible so they can be deleted or altered.

6. Rosario Manzo

Rosario Manzo

italy
    I don't know if this may help, but you should try to omit the seconds simbol (")
    So, instead of

41°58'18.76"
    87°54'2.48"

you should use

41°58'18.76
    87°54'2.48

I don't remember exactly in which occasion, but I had an error by ADE when trying to input coordinates using ".