• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v3 Converted model has no ldg gear

Country
czechrepublic
Hi all, trying to convert IVAO MTL models to static planes, using lastest MCX. I have 2 issues.

1 - When I convert the model in the preview windows its fuselage is halfway under ground. So I moved the model up a little. Is this ocrrect procedure?

2 - When placing the model to P3D it has no landing gear gear visible :(

Anyone can help with this?

Thank you very much

Country
spain
Could be the the airplane have animations, look for a slider, if it is so Mcx have a tool to fix the animatiion to certain position. and yes you have to move the object to the ground level to be exported correctly to fsx

Country
czechrepublic
Well its not just landing gear issue. My model looks like this in P3D
Screenshot%202016-02-18%2023.37.20.png

Country
spain
what versión of Mcx are you using ? it's recommended to use the latest realease of this tool. I think that the problem with those aircrafts has been corrected

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
If these are FS2004 models the flaps will often be misplaced upon import. I don't know of a way to fix that. For the landing gear you will need to use the Animation Editor. In the Editor move the slider so the landing gear is down, check the landing gear boxes in the list at the top, and click Fix Selected Animations. Then Export.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
If these are FS2004 models the flaps will often be misplaced upon import. you will need to use the Animation Editor.
Check one box at a time until one flap moves, adjust the slider until the flap is fully retracted and then fix that selected animation. Do it again. In some planes like the F-18 Hornet that has flaperlons or whatever they are called, the animations are cross linked and you have to be very careful every animation is in it's neutral spot before fixing them or you will be unable to properly fix the opposing animations.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Good idea, I have done that for other parts (rudder, etc.) in the past.