• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Custom Light lighting up in fog (Aerosoft did it...)

Country
belgium
Hi all

Trying to get my airport lighting correct I still wasn't able to find a work around for the low vis option...
Checking Aerosoft EDDL I noticed they did it! But how? Decompiling the bgl learnd me they use a texture file to create the light but not how they led it light up at fog etc... they even have elevated appr lights that light up at fog :eek:
Is there anyone that could take a look at that and maybe find out how?

Country
belgium
Hi, nope that's not it, I'm talking about runway and approach lights, not light poles on the apron ;)

Country
southafrica
Hi, nope that's not it, I'm talking about runway and approach lights, not light poles on the apron ;)
You could still use the same method to produce a light for the approach lights if im not mistaken :)

Country
belgium
As far as I can read this works only in FSX and not FS9? Plus that it doesn't light up in fog during the day...

Country
southafrica
As far as I can read this works only in FSX and not FS9? Plus that it doesn't light up in fog during the day...
Im sure it works in Fs9 aswell as after all it is just a effect file which fs9 uses aswell im not really sure about how to implement this in fs9 as i dont use it anymore..but for fsx you would change the parameters for the effect when attaching it to the box inside of gmax/3ds max which ever one your using

Country
belgium
I don't think Aerosoft used effects. But then again I'm not that used to the codes I currently see in the .sca file I decompiled from the EDDL_RWYLAMPEN.BGL file and I'm not sure I'm allowed to post that code here...

Country
netherlands
Aerosoft used to use SCASM based lights in FS2004 and also many times in FSX.
Take a look at AFLT, as far as I can tell it uses the same method.