• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v3 Custom Mesh from DEM issue

Country
malaysia
Hi,Im developing for WMKP,the airport is located on an island so i decided to make custom mesh for the whole island.All other region of the island looks fine except for this area.It look like it was being cut or something.I can ignore this part but it is to obvious as anyone make an approach on runway 04 can see this weird terrain.Any help??Thanks in advance. :)
Screenshot (1024).png

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
To me it looks like there is a flattening poly from default CVX scenery underneath. As fas as I saw it on Google maps it is close to the airport, so maybe it is where the default one was?
You can try to fis it by making an exclude polygon for that area.

Country
malaysia
To me it looks like there is a flattening poly from default CVX scenery underneath. As fas as I saw it on Google maps it is close to the airport, so maybe it is where the default one was?
You can try to fis it by making an exclude polygon for that area.

What to exclude with the polygon sir? :)

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
What to exclude with the polygon sir? :)
I'm just guessing but I think it is the default AB_Flatten polygon which causes the issue and therefore needs to be excluded.
To further clarify if that's the cause I'd need a screenshot of the default scenery at this exact location

Country
malaysia
I'm just guessing but I think it is the default AB_Flatten polygon which causes the issue and therefore needs to be excluded.
To further clarify if that's the cause I'd need a screenshot of the default scenery at this exact location

here sir..the default scenery at the region...Now i can see tht the pattern follow exactly like the default terrain.But i already made a new landclass with sbuilder x
Screenshot (1029).png

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
here sir..the default scenery at the region...Now i can see tht the pattern follow exactly like the default terrain.But i already made a new landclass with sbuilder xView attachment 33890
not sure about your terminology:
LandClass is just raster based data used to map certain textures and autogen to the surface. You don't need that, you have photoreal.
Vector data draws line and polygon shapes on top of the LandClass, even if the LandClass is in the higher scenery set. Vector data can also flatten the terrain, for example at airport backgrounds and water polygons.

So far about the theoretical side,
your problem indeed seems to be either the shoreline or there is water made of vector polygons in that area.
My tip is still to make an exclude vector polygon. to suppress the shoreline. Also otherwise there might be a wake effect inside your landscape.

Country
malaysia
not sure about your terminology:
LandClass is just raster based data used to map certain textures and autogen to the surface. You don't need that, you have photoreal.
Vector data draws line and polygon shapes on top of the LandClass, even if the LandClass is in the higher scenery set. Vector data can also flatten the terrain, for example at airport backgrounds and water polygons.

So far about the theoretical side,
your problem indeed seems to be either the shoreline or there is water made of vector polygons in that area.
My tip is still to make an exclude vector polygon. to suppress the shoreline. Also otherwise there might be a wake effect inside your landscape.

I mean i already made a cvx vector in sbuilderx to make a new terrain,but look like the old terrain vetor is still visible and causing the issues.This is the thing i did in sbx

Screenshot (1039).png

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
OK, maybe it is not the shoreline then but there could be a hydro whic still flattens.
You can try to duplicate the exclude and set one for shorelines.
To know exactly what's there you can load the default cvx file into tmf viewer. A chart in the sdk documentation helps you which one it is in this location.

Country
malaysia
OK, maybe it is not the shoreline then but there could be a hydro whic still flattens.
You can try to duplicate the exclude and set one for shorelines.
To know exactly what's there you can load the default cvx file into tmf viewer. A chart in the sdk documentation helps you which one it is in this location.

What to duplicate and exclude the shorelines sir?i released the development ver of this scenery and gave it to a few p3d user and 1 fsx userall p3d user report the same issues while fsx user hv no issues about the terrains...thanks in advance :)