1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSXA DC-3 Enhanced

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Heretic, 1 Feb 2016.

1. Heretic

Heretic Resource contributor

germany
    Glad everything finally works for you.

2. Capt Commendable

Capt Commendable

unitedkingdom
    A query/poser/conundrum. Really enjoying the '3 but cannot figure out why i tend to lose the brakes at different times. Probably something to do with the hydraulics but that doesn't make me any the wiser. Any words of wisdom? Cheers

3. Heretic

germany
    You need at least 450 psi in the hydraulic system or the brakes won't work.

Also take note that you can only fly the DC-3 from the VC (some code, including that for the hydraulics, won't be executed otherwise).

4. Capt Commendable

Capt Commendable

unitedkingdom
    Hi, thanks for the tips. But what gets the hydraulics working when taxiing? Is it the prop pitch? I tend to reduce that when taxiing. Also, when its dark and the instrument lights are on its not possible to see the needles on the RPM-o-meter. So a lot of guess work is going on. Cheers

5. Heretic

germany
    The hydraulic pumps are engine-driven, so they're always on. Yet, there are cutoff levers which are seldomly used though (check your manuals).

The RPM gauge has a lightmap assigned, so it should work.

6. Capt Commendable

Capt Commendable

unitedkingdom
    Hi. The gauge lights up but the needle itself is dark unlike the other needles. cheers

7. Heretic

germany
    If it's just the needles, find the bitmaps (rpm_left_needle_night.bmp, rpm_right_needle_night.bmp) in "DC3_Enhanced" and increase their brightness in GIMP, Paint.net or maybe even the bog standard MS Paint.

8. Heretic

germany
    Uploaded an updated version.

Changes:
    - Real world training documentation is now included since the web-based source does not exist anymore
    - The fuel tank selectors and fuel indicator now support up to 4 tanks
    - Removed the 2D panel (except for the radio and GPS) since it was still default and therefor pretty pointless with all the VC-based complexity
    - Fixed the night lighting of the RPM indicator needles
    - Added this:

Download:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMLWNmSElLeGRhclE/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: 11 Feb 2017
    Moken and Skinner_11 like this.
  9. Capt Commendable

Capt Commendable

unitedkingdom
    Hi! (again) It's nice to see that those things have been updated. Cheers! Do I have to remove the one I have installed before downloading/installing this one or will it overwrite? Thanks

10. Heretic

germany
    Better to be safe than sorry, so start over.

11. Capt Commendable

Capt Commendable

unitedkingdom
    Hi! Another poser. During a short hop from one place to another I thought I would see how the fuel was doing in the tanks. In the FSX Fuel Settings GUI I had the following: Right/Left Main = 69.9 gals/419.4 lbs Centre 91.2/547.2. All good. When hovering the cursor over the Fuel Indicator it read as follows: Right/Left Main = 26.4/0158 and Left Aux 35.1/0210. Quite a discrepancy would you not agree? Any ideas? Also, as the fuel selector still only shows 3 tanks how does this work if I decide to use the 4 tanks option? Or is it that once it's on Aux the left fuel selector just draws from the left and the Right from the right? Cheers!

12. Heretic

germany
    The units in the tooltips are borked. Percent should have been gallons. This was a quick fix though and I've uploaded the fixed model. Redownload from one of the links in the previous posts and replace the "panel" folder.

The fuel tank selector has four positions, two of which are in the "Aux" portion of the labelling. If one tank is not present, the indicator will simply read zero.

13. Capt Commendable

Capt Commendable

unitedkingdom
    Hello again, thanks for that, will get around to updating the panel in a while. Just to let you know that the Voltmeter doesn't light up when instrument lighting is engaged and that the flap strip is very hard to see unless the cockpit lights are on. Can't really hear the flaps either. If the sound was more obvious (as in the stock) wouldn't be so bad.*Too bad there isn't a click spot to remove the yoke ;-). I have replaced the standard '3 radio in the pop-up panel with the Bendix radio stack and the 295 GPS with the 500. Mind you, I found a 500 on the Ozx site (where I found a reworked Grumman by the way, most excellent) with reworked shading and the inclusion of air traffic. Brilliant! Now that's the gps of choice. With these changes I can now afford to be a bit lazy on ascent/descent and following a flight plan via autopilot. My next step is to figure out how to replace the '3 radio with the Bendix stack in the VC and the Sperry system with the Garmin 500 and the radio compass with the VOR gauge from the Cessna (it'll suffice) and to remove the heading gauge and replace it with the NAV/GPS switch. (I don't want much, do I?) Even better would be two variations. Old school Sperry and IFR capable. *Speaking of sound, a couple of switches don't have any (can't remember exactly which ones at the moment) and when you engage the fuel pumps there isn't any noise either. Once again, many thanks (I'll bet you be glad when I'm gone ;-) ) Wait, just remebered! Is it possible to have cockpit lights on a dial rather than a switch? In other words, to increase the lighting incrementally so that, by the addition of a little bit of light, elements that aren't naturally lit up (overhead switches etc) are a little more visible than they are now but not so much light as it would spoil the mood and the ambience. Right, I'm going now. Really! Cheers

14. Heretic

germany
    Voltmeters: I can look into that.
    Flap strip: Stays as it is.
    Flap sound: Quieter is more realistic. Think about it. Radials produce A LOT of noise and the flaps are far back.
    Yoke clickspot: Actually not the worst idea.
    Avionics: I've made the panels very configurable so you can do whatever you please. Emphasis on "You".
    Switch sounds: Present and working.
    Fuel pump sounds: Present and working. Check that you've got all the gauges and that they're working.
    Dimmable cockpit lights: Denied. Too complex.