• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

default taxiway textures

Gaiiden

FSDevConf team
Country
unitedstates
What texture sheet should I be using if I wanted to have my taxilines match what is drawn in the sim by default using the link paths? Is that possible? I'm guessing it would be taxiway_marks.dds in the FSX/Texture folder but not sure

Gaiiden

FSDevConf team
Country
unitedstates
RTFM indeed :)

However all I am getting is a black line. I copied the DDS file from the FSX/Texture folder into the ADE/Texture folder and everything compiled okay. I've attached the GP line I have set up. The line itself is a curve but the editor shows it straight.

This DDS taxiway markings file is one that has been created by REX, it is not the default one. i don't think that would make a difference tho? REX would have to follow the same layout as the default texture and the file opens as DXT5 in DXTBmp

Attachments

• gpWin.jpg
    gpWin.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 1,027

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
The line itself is a curve but the editor shows it straight.
You probably should spend a little more time with the manual. This is covered. Just how would the line be shown as a curve in the editor and still be applied to this texture.

However all I am getting is a black line
The most common cause of a black line a missing texture. Is the texture in the addon-scenery texture folder. (ADE_GP will have copied the texture to wherever you had the compiled file saved. But, if that's not to the add-on scenery folder where the ADE bgl files will eventually reside, then you'll have to copy the texture there manually - like any other scenery texture. The fact that it's already in the FSX\Texture folder isn't relevant because scenery doesn't access that folder normally.

I have no idea what is REX. But, if it makes standard .dds files, its not an issue.

Don

Last edited:

Gaiiden

FSDevConf team
Country
unitedstates
I got it working. In my fussing around I had a duplicate texture in one of my other scenery folders. FSX, when encountering duplicate textures, just shows black. I also deleted the DDS from my airport texture folder and the sim fell back to the FSX/texture folder to find the taxiway textures, which is nice - Real Environment Extreme (REX) allows people to change the look of their taxiway textures so I didn't want to have to tell people to copy their version into the airport scenery folder so the textures would match.