1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P3D v3 Don't want to sound stupid buy......

Discussion in 'Ground2k4, SBuilder, SBuilderX' started by Tom Valley, 12 Jul 2017.

1. Tom Valley

Tom Valley

unitedstates
    I have been using SBX for some time then my computer crashed and I had to re install everything. Since then then I have tried all the versions of SBX and everyone of them CTD at some point usually when I am moving the screen around. Also when making terrain changes it will not compile. I am running Win7 64.
    I have tried to follow all the postings suggestions: make certain I have admin privileges, run as admin, tried diff. drive locations. I saw some of the posts that require a computer programmer to even follow them so I can't post all that kind of data. I had been successful at loading the new GoogleServer_api3 file, now after reloading SBX 314_x86 I can't get that to work either.
    At this point feeling pretty frustrated. I try not to post these emotional responses, but if I could throw it out the window I would have. I can't imagine what has happened.
    HELP

Tom

2. MOUSY

MOUSY Resource contributor

dominica
    Hi Tom, maybe a screenshot of the error and its details might help us diagnose the problem. You could also try using the "Record steps to reproduce a problem" tool in Win7. Type that into the Start Menu and share the results.

3. Tom Valley

Tom Valley

unitedstates
    Thanks I will try that. I have managed to get 314 64bit loaded and I can get photo bgls but still cannot compile any scenery changes (I am following Luiz'sTutorial for scenery design of St. Barts). Also CTD occurs after trying to get more than one photo at a time.

Here is the first problem: file too large for one post will send the CTD separately

Attached Files:

4. Tom Valley

Tom Valley

unitedstates
    and the CTD IT seems to happen when I hit the F1 button and try to load background image and add the tiles. I will try and see if using other tile servers makes any difference and see if using 17

Attached Files:

5. MOUSY

MOUSY Resource contributor

dominica
    Does this happen for every satellite imagery server? If you have tried only 1, try others.

I can only think of ensuring that you have all the requirements for SbuilderX. (.NET framework, etc.) and trying a clean install.
    You seem to have tried all the other solutions for this particular problem. I can provide no more ideas. Perhaps someone else will chime in.
    Good luck.

6. Tom Valley

Tom Valley

unitedstates
    Yes all the satellites do it. I have all the requirements Net framework etc and have done clean installs multiple times. What did you see in the error codes?
    Thanks for your help. I am still waiting for a response from Luiz's website so far nothing.

7. rhumbaflappy

rhumbaflappy Moderator Staff Member Resource contributor

us-wisconsin
    What do you mean by a computer crash? Memory failure? Hard drive failure? If SBX worked before and post-crash no longer works, I would suspect your computer has a defect that prevents SBX from working, or your computer-reviving process is not complete or effective. Thousands of people have used SBX, and not one occurrence that you have described has been recorded. You may have a hardware or operating system defect that is revealed when using SBX.

8. Ronald

Ronald Resource contributor

Hello Tom. I'd like to help your with the crashes, but I need a bit more information to go on, since CTD can occur for a number of "odd" reasons, which _might_ have nothing to do directly with the program you are using. First - in order to paint a better picture - I have the following questions:
    1 - What are the technical system specs of your computer (make, model Motherboard, CPU type / speed, amount of RAM data present in your computer).
    2 - How many other programs doe you have open, running when this CTD-Error occurs?
    3 - After you have started SBX and loaded your model into it, how much RAM MEMORY do you have left?
    In order for you to check that, use Win7 Task manager, look at the [TAB | Performance], "Physical memory" section:
    >>
    4 - Does the CTD-error ONLY occur when you are using SBX of does it also occur when you are using other programs on your computer?
    5 - Does this CTD-error also occur when you are using the OLD GoogleServer_api3 file in combination with SBX?
    6 - Does this CTD-error also occur when you load in a very small scenery model?
    >>
    7 - Which steps - after SBX startup - did you do, before the CTD hits your screen?

9. Tom Valley

Tom Valley

unitedstates
    Thanks Dick and Ronald for all your responses. I will try to answer all your questions. I am assuming you read the above posts with detailed error message as the crash occurs. I don't mind repeating the messages if it will help. :)
    I built the computer myself ASUS Z97 MB with an intel core i5 4460 3.2 GHz no OC, 16Gb RAM, 2Tb, 1Tb, HDDs, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4Gb DDR5. Win7-64
    I am usually running ADE concurrent with SBX. Just an aside I usually can run P3DV3, ADE, SketchUp and PS without any crashes or performance decrease.
    Dick I am currently running your all-in-one package for 314.
    I have 13243MB left when model is loaded. As far as using GoogleServer_api3 file I wasn't aware there was any other than the the posted in July this year.
    I was using VES as the tile server and no other programs when my latest crash occurred.
    What kind of crash I guess CTD for a computer whiz means something different than to me. The as in the above screenshot is as good as CTD because I still have to close the program and start over.
    This time I had managed to download 2 < 100 KB photos before the error came up.
    Task Manager showed I had 12333MB available when the error occurred.
    I don't have to be downloading tiles either I can be working on making a hole for example for making an island. Also if I manage not crash I cannot compile any changes I made to the scenery polygons however I am able to compile photo.bgls.
    Also I am a little unsure where to place the GoogleServer_api3 file. Pulled the 64Bit one and placed it in the tile folder, but as I said earlier there doesn't seem to be any correlation between servers and the error and because it crashes when using other features of the program but I am not an expert in these kind of errors.
    So I first noticed the problem as I was following Luiz's tutorial for St. Bart. and had reached the making a hole for the island section. I usually make it half way around the island before the crash occurs. I managed to make a hole for a smaller island and that was when I found I couldn't compile it.:banghead:

I really appreciate your help and will do whatever you ask.
    Thanks so much.

Tom

10. rhumbaflappy

us-wisconsin
    Hi Tom.

If you're using the 32-bit SBX 314, then you need to use the x86 DLLs.

You shouldn't ever get crashes with these programs. If you do, then I suspect a bad memory stick or a bad graphics card memory.

I still don't know what you mean by a computer crash that led you to reinstall everything. Was it a hardware failure? Did you reinstall Windows?

Last edited: 17 Jul 2017
  11. Tom Valley

Tom Valley

unitedstates
    Dick,

Power flux bricked my first MB. So yes I had to reistall my OS. How can I tell if SBX is 32 bit? I don't see anywhere that info. I would think that if my RAM sticks or GPU memory was bad it would show up in other graphic and memory intensive programs.
    In the meantime I will try the 32 bit dll and see if that makes any difference.

Tom

12. rhumbaflappy

us-wisconsin
    Under the menu Help|About :

[​IMG]

13. Tom Valley

Tom Valley

unitedstates
    DOH!

Yeah mine is 64 bits