1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flight Toolkit

Discussion in 'Microsoft Flight' started by stonelance, 21 Aug 2014.

1. wealthwise

wealthwise

us-oregon
    Does the latest tool kit support both versions of Flight or just the steam version? I have 1.0.0.3016

Last edited: 29 Dec 2014
  2. stonelance

stonelance

ca-britishcolumbia
    it should support both, but I recommend uninstalling the steam version and using the standalone GFWL installation of Flight

3. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

unitedkingdom
    Thanks Steve.

4. wealthwise

wealthwise

us-oregon
    So the version I have is the GFWL? I think it is is since it has the login when you start Flight, I can't get the login to recognize any product key, and work arounds I found online are worthless since the page on live is dead, lol One thing I'm trying to understand is how do you get the addons you download in the tool kit to appear in Flight? should they just be there? I'm really confused with all this.
    Thanks

5. dave hoeffgen

dave hoeffgen Resource contributor

germany
    Hi,
    I tried to convert my FSX scenery like instructed in the original post.
    In each of my several attempts the console prompted an access violation, always while processing the models in London.bgl, then ContentConverter crashed.

Is there something I might have done wrong?
    Hopefully I didn't miss a post adressing this issue

6. Oscar Martinez

Oscar Martinez

us-georgia
    If you want to fly all over the world, (and find those aerocaches in "World region") do this: install FSXSE, from STEAM (skip this step if you already have it). Then type in the "Command Prompt" this (or copy and paste):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight Tools\Flight Toolkit\ContentConverter.exe" FSX /i:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX" /o:"C:\FlightTemp" /a

Be sure to include the " ". If your copy of FSX is not from STEAM, please change the address where your copy is after C:\Program Files (x86). The coversion is going to take some time. After this you'll find a Flightaddon in a folder named C:\FlightTemp. This addon will install the FSX World to Flight (this also take some time). Be sure to download from Addon Manager: World Region UI so you'll have a beautiful world map. There you are.

Oscar

Last edited: 13 May 2017
  7. dave hoeffgen

germany
    Thanks for the clarification. I don't have FSX:SE but the boxed FSXA. I already used the command you poasted above and initially it actually worked despite the access violation encountered always at the same file (I guess the system kills the application for trying to read/write to protected memory?)
    I also set ContentConverterto "run as administrator" but that didn't help.
    The console states the function where ContentConverter crashes, a screenshot is attached below.

Attached Files:

8. dave hoeffgen

germany
    It seems to be some problem with the london.bgl indeed. I deleted it and it worked, well I'm missing a few scenery objects now but that's better than no scenery at all :p

9. Oscar Martinez

Oscar Martinez

us-georgia
    Glad to hear you solved your problem. You're going to need also the "BoundaryFixes" addon. This addon add most of airports missing in Canada close to the border of Alaska. You can find it here in a folder named "Other useful Add-ons". https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmXbXm2QYzhEe5fiZk4EYT-Qczk
    Try whatever you want and enjoy.

Oscar

Last edited: 28 May 2017