1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSXA FS9 / FSX format problem

Discussion in 'Library Creator XML' started by roger-wilco-66, 21 May 2014.

1. roger-wilco-66

roger-wilco-66

germany
    Hi,

maybe this belongs to the MCX section, but the error shows up when trying to compile a load of mdls into a bgl.
    I exported all models into the FSX mdl format and read them into LC-XML. A few mdls wash out with the message that it is not allowed to compile FS9 and FSX models into one bgl, but I am positively sure that the models are FSX (I don't even have a fs2004 xtomdl compiler).

I can upload the mdls if anyone wants to test it.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
    Mark

2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

It sounds like some are still fs2004 mdl files, else you would not get the message.

3. roger-wilco-66

roger-wilco-66

germany
    I designed the models a few days ago and there are definitly no pre-FSX tools involved.
    To be a bit more precise about the workflow, the model is compiled in 3DSMAX 2012 64bit using the P3D SDK. Then I recompiled it in MCX using the FSXA SDK, so I have a FSX compatible version. MCX does that without any problems. What is strange is that only 4 out of 40 models have that problem.
    To me it looks like something from the original P3D model is inherited into the FSX conversion and LC-XML stumbles over it. Just a guess.

Cheers,
    Mark

4. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    If you try to mix fsx and p3d v2 mdl files in one library you get the same error btw. So that could also be the problem.