• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Gauge not showing

Country
france
Hello,

I have developed EasyFMC as a C++ gauge some years ago. I recently ported it to 64 bits and made it compatible with P3Dv4. It works perfect on my system, but some people (not all) don't see it in P3Dv4, as shown on the attached image (the FMC should appear on the pedestal), it doesn't appear in 2D either, just showing a black rectangle.

I made all the possible tests on my system and it works perfect, I was unable to reproduce the bug. For the people who have this problem, the strange thing is that nothing appears, not only the gauge background... I don't understand what is wrong because this gauge was developed according to the gauge SDK, it is a very standard gauge that uses no specific code or "hack", it doesn't use SimConect because it was originally developed to be compatible with FS2004 as well.

Does anybody has any idea to explain this strange problem?
Any help is greatly welcome :)

Eric

VC.PNG

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Do the config files of the users point to the correct gauge location?

Is the correct VC++ reistributable installed?

Country
france
Yes, the config files are correct. In fact, the gauge is listed in the panel.cfg and the gauge file itself (the DLL) is in the "Gauges" folder, very standard installation...
Your quetion is good because P3D reacts as if the DLL gauge file wasn't there, but I confirm it IS there as expected.

I am not sure VC++ redistributable package is installed, but it shouldn't be required because I don't use SimConnect. I may be wrong, but I thought this package was installed with P3D v4 installation.
I must say this package is installed on my system because I have Visual Studio, also installed by FSX for other users, so maybe it fails for users who just have P3Dv4 and nothing else...

ddawson

Resource contributor
Country
canada
Compile the gauge with the /MT option, rather than /MD.
This will remove the runtime library dependency altogether.

Country
france
Thanks for the tip Doug.
I recompiled the gauge with the /MT option and sent it to someone who had the problem. I am still waiting for his feedback...
I'll let you know if it solved the problem, I hope it will.

Eric

Country
france
I had a feedback from one of the users. It seems the problem is solved.
Thank you so much, Doug, you saved my life :)