• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Global Wildfires Open Source Project - Need Programming

This is an awesome project. Great stuff!

Are there any plans to have the program AUTO-connect to Simconnect when the simulation runs, and also to AUTO-download the FIRMS data?

Perhaps something simple such as a check box option next to each button?

ollyau

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
New version here. There are now additional command line arguments to automatically download data, set the confidence level, and connect to Flight Simulator on startup. Example usage below:

Code:
FSActiveFires.exe -confidence:70 -download:"U.S.A. (Conterminous) and Hawaii" -connect

Confidence supports integers on the interval [0,100]. Download is case sensitive and supports the same entries you see in the drop down.

Edit: Here's an example exe.xml if you want to automatically launch FS Active Fires with FSX:

Code:
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSActiveFires</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>REPLACE WITH PATH TO FSActiveFires.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>-confidence:70 -download:"U.S.A. (Conterminous) and Hawaii" -connect</CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Last edited:
This is really good. You've just made an already excellent utility even better. Keep up the excellent work.

Country
unitedstates
Untitled.png
I noticed this strange phenomenon this morning. Not a software problem but a strange pattern of apprent fires in straight lines across California and Nevada as detected by MODIS... Anyone have any theories on what could have caused this?

ollyau

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Glad you like it Freddy, and good to see you back, Dean. :)

Darryl: I'm no expert, but perhaps this excerpt from page 38 of the MODIS Collection 5 Active Fire Product User’s Guide Version 2.5 might be relevant?

6.2.4 False Alarms During Calibration Maneuvers
A bug in the Level 1B calibrated-radiance production code occasionally produces spurious radiance values in the thermal bands during lunar roll calibration maneuvers. This can produce spurious stripes of fire pixels across the entire swath in up to ∼20 scans during these periods. The bug causes similar striping in several other MODIS products, in particular the cloud mask.

Edit: Just looked at the MODIS Instrument Operations Team Event History for AM-1 (Terra) and there was indeed a lunar roll maneuver. :)

Thursday, December 11, 2014
---
Lunar Roll Maneuver (-3.6346 degrees)
2014/345 06:07:12 ATC MOD_OA04_FR_NIGHT_RATE.1 (1:53 early)
2014/345 06:31:19-06:38:05 ATC MOD_OA08_ROLL_MAN.3
2014/345 07:00:13 ATC MOD_OA03_FR_DAY_RATE.2 (1:53 late)

Last edited:

ollyau

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Not the effects themselves, but the effect system. From the changelog: "Graphics: Resolved - If the Special Effects setting was set to HIGH, some special effects like external lights, landing/water effects would not work." As such, FS Active Fires requires FSX Steam Edition version 10.0.62608.0, released January 12, 2015.

Country
australia
I thought so, will have to give it a try again. Once I figure out what they broke that caused all my addons to quit working... :D'Oh:

Help.

The latest version (0.1.7 beta) is crashing on my system. Windows 7 64-bit. Running the program using the "Run as Administrator" option.

Here are the details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: FSActiveFires.exe
Problem Signature 02: 0.1.7.0
Problem Signature 03: 54b4336b
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.34209
Problem Signature 06: 534894cc
Problem Signature 07: 27cb
Problem Signature 08: 0
Problem Signature 09: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

And the crashlog:
Code:
Program built at 2015-01-12T20:49:47Z (version 0.1.7.0)
Logging enabled at 2015-02-08T12:57:33.470+11:00
12:57:33.470 Info Create temporary directory: C:\Users\Freddy\AppData\Local\Temp\FSActiveFires\yg4cp0lz.ae1
12:57:33.486 Error System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Interactivity, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Interactivity, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef)
  at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006SchemaContext.ResolveAssembly(BamlAssembly bamlAssembly)
  at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006SchemaContext.ResolveBamlTypeToType(BamlType bamlType)
  at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006SchemaContext.ResolveBamlType(BamlType bamlType, Int16 typeId)
  at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006SchemaContext.GetXamlType(Int16 typeId)
  at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006SchemaContext.GetProperty(Int16 propertyId, XamlType parentType)
  at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006Reader.Process_PropertyArrayStart()
  at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006Reader.Process_OneBamlRecord()
  at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006Reader.Process_BamlRecords()
  at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006Reader.Read()
  at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.TransformNodes(XamlReader xamlReader, XamlObjectWriter xamlWriter, Boolean onlyLoadOneNode, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Boolean shouldPassLineNumberInfo, IXamlLineInfo xamlLineInfo, IXamlLineInfoConsumer xamlLineInfoConsumer, XamlContextStack`1 stack, IStyleConnector styleConnector)
  at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
  at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
  at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
  at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
  at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
  at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
  at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
  at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
  at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
  at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
  at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
  at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
  at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
  at FSActiveFires.App.Main()
  at FSActiveFires.Program.Main()

No, placing either the 32-bit mscorelib.dll or 64-bit mscorelib.dll in to the same folder does not resolve the issue.

Research about CLR20r3 indicates that I should validate my .NET installation. Interestingly, version 0.1.6 beta of FSActiveFires was working fine as recently as last week. So I'm pretty confident my .NET is fine.

Unfortunately, when I saw version 0.1.7 beta was available, I simply overwrote my 0.16 beta version (and, before testing the new version first, I also overwrote my backed up 0.1.6 beta copy as well - silly me). Therefore I cannot roll back to the 0.1.6 beta version.

ollyau

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
The file I linked to is System.Windows.Interactivity.dll, not mscorlib.dll. Did you try the file I linked? If not, try that and see if it helps.

Ah. I did not notice the LINKED file.

YES, putting the "System.Windows.Interactivity.dll" file in to the same folder as the FSActiveFires.exe resolves the issue.

Thanks.

Interesting. Just for my own curiosity, why does that work? I will guess that file, or components that it contains, is one of the dependencies for FSActiveFires.exe. Should that file have been on my PC already; maybe from a .NET install or something? Or is it a Windows System file that maybe got (accidentally) deleted by an uninstaller that I have run? I'm just curious.

Is anybody else have a DOWNLOAD issue? This started happening to me on the 21st February (according to my log files). I thought it may just "fix itself in a couple of days" as the web site was either down or being updated etc. But, no, I'm still getting it? So, is anybody else experiencing this?

For the record I am running FSActiveFires using the RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR command and I can indeed read/write to the folder shown in the logs (noting, of course, that FSActiveFires was working fine up to 21st February anyway).

2n0knqb.jpg

Here is the crashlog file from today:
Code:
Program built at 2015-01-12T20:49:47Z (version 0.1.7.0)
Logging enabled at 2015-03-15T11:47:51.196+11:00
11:47:51.206 Info Create temporary directory: C:\Users\Brad\AppData\Local\Temp\FSActiveFires\zcctz1nt.n0p
11:47:56.251 Info DownloadCommand
11:47:56.267 Info Download ZIP: https://firms.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/active_fire/shapes/zips/Global_24h.zip -> C:\Users\Brad\AppData\Local\Temp\FSActiveFires\zcctz1nt.n0p\Global_24h.zip
11:47:57.914 Warning Unable to download or load SHP; attempting to use CSV.
Type: System.Net.WebException
Message: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.
Stack trace:
  at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
  at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(String address, String fileName)
  at FSActiveFires.MODISHotspots.DownloadShapefileData(String datasetFormatString)
  at FSActiveFires.MODISHotspots.LoadData(String datasetFormatString)
11:47:57.915 Info Download CSV: https://firms.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/active_fire/text/Global_24h.csv -> C:\Users\Brad\AppData\Local\Temp\FSActiveFires\zcctz1nt.n0p\Global_24h.csv
11:48:00.046 Error System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.
  at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
  at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
  at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
  at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
  at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
  at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
  at System.Net.TlsStream.CallProcessAuthentication(Object state)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
  at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result)
  at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
  at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
  at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
  at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(String address, String fileName)
  at FSActiveFires.MODISHotspots.DownloadCsvData(String datasetFormatString)
  at FSActiveFires.MODISHotspots.LoadData(String datasetFormatString)
  at FSActiveFires.MainViewModel.<get_DownloadCommand>b__1b()
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at FSActiveFires.MainViewModel.<<get_DownloadCommand>b__1a>d__1e.MoveNext()
11:52:28.903 Info Delete temporary directory: C:\Users\Brad\AppData\Local\Temp\FSActiveFires