• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Google Earth 3D Ripper X file from 3ds Max 2014

Country
england
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I've successfully used 3D Ripper to get buildings off of Google Earth, and loaded the
result into 3ds Max 2014, where it looks really good.

I export a "Draw Call worth" to an X file.

Problem, is it the X file showing a simple square building (row of shops)
comes out all mutated and lob sided.

Any suggestions anyone.

Thanks,

Max

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
You are asking for help to hack Google software in a forum where any reply can implicate your accomplice.

Country
england
Are the older versions of Google Earth not freely available to the public ?

Anyway, in case they are not, let me re-phrase the question.

I'm exporting from a non-Google earth 3ds max 2014 model, to a direct X file.

When I look at the x file output, the shape looks "jelly mouldy".

I know this is not much to go on, but someone might have some idea what is happening, as I haven't a clue so far.

Cheers,

Max

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
No version of Google Earth is freely available, a user must always agree to and abide by the terms of use. You might be thinking of ThePirateBay. This is a "developer website." We support people who develop and people who want to learn to develop.
3d Ripper acquires content created by developers intended only for observation and interaction, which is not intended for acquisition. You may intend to develop using acquired content developed by others, but that is probably all the help you will get from them.