• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Image specs?

Hi,
I am just experimenting with your autogen editor. It looks very nice and could be very useful in my scenery project. I do understand that it is in development and how much work it takes to create a tool like this. I have a question regarding a custom texture I created which I was going to use to experiment with some autogen trees. The texture is a 256 x 256 extended bitmapped image that displays in my scenery fine. It will not open in Autogen editor and I am just curious as to the format the image should be in to work. I can open other scenery texture images in the editor but cannot open my custom image. I thought it might be an opportunity to help you do some testing and to help me with my scenery project. Any tips as to the format I should be using for the scenery texture image?

Thanks,

Bob

Country
us-arizona
Bob, glad the program is useful to you. Send me a copy of your bitmap file. My email is included in the program install pack. All the files I've worked on so far are DXT1 formatted .bmp files. In order to display the image I convert it using Martin Wright's MWGFX dlls and the routine I use for that is pretty comprehensive meaning it'll handle a ton of formats automatically. Even the name of the function - Any2bmps - gives you an idea of how versatile it is.

Art Martin

Thanks very much Art. I appreciate your taking a look at the texture file. I will email it to you.

Bob

Ok, I emailed you the misbehaving texture last night. Thanks again for taking the time to look at it.

While sleeping last night it came to me that perhaps I need to upgrade the the latest dlls from Martin's website? I was pretty sure I had done that but will do so again just to be sure.

Ok, upgraded to Martin's latest DLLs and that did not do it either. Here is another clue, the textures show up when using the select from mosaic feature. All of my versions show up in the mosaic but when I select any of them the display is black in Autogen.

Last edited: