• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Jetway SDK V1.5 released (12NOV16)

Country
switzerland
Hi,

I'm in the process of wrapping things up for the initial release of the Jetway Control System within SODE. This will upgrade SODE to version 1.2.

I want to thank the two volunteers Stanislaw from Drzewiecki Designs and Ian from SunSkyJet who have tested the new feature and helped improve the module with their valuable feedback.

Before I release the new version, I decided to publish the Jetway SDK v1.0 that explains the entire process in detail. I do hope that it is understandable (I have an engineering background...) and that it leads you to your first successful jetway model that works with SODE. Unfortunately, only gmax is supported as of yet. I guess the maxscipt will also work in 3dsmax, but you'll need a special mesh for the hood and I only have the gmax version of it for now. A 3dsmax version will be created in the future.

You can download the Jetway SDK here. Also on that Download page at the bottom, you'll find a pdf-file that gives you a good overview of all involved folders and files that is needed from SODE. A detailed overview with respect to the Jetway Control System is given in the SDK manual.

[EDIT] The initial zip archive of the Jetway SDK had an old SODE_modeldef_entries.xml file in it. I have reuploaded the zip with the correct file now. You only need to update the xml entries in the modeldef.xml. Sorry for the unconvenience.[/EDIT]

Please feel free to use this thread to report any problems during the jetway creation process.

Have fun,
Jeff

Last edited:
Country
france
Many thanks Jeffrey,

I have read the SDK instructions that are clear for me.

Waiting now for v2.

Country
france
Jeffrey,

many thanks for v1.2.1 ! I have modeled animated jetways for Strasbourg airport and the animation is nearly perfect.

I have requests for next version :

- WHEEL_AXIS remains perpendicular to LEGS, that frequently causes a wheel to float in the air and the other to sink into the ground
- there is no way to set a negative value to the root rotation in Jetway InitialState, thus I don't know how to rotate the root clockwise without changing the heading of the static part.
- get rid of the initial jetway movement (the one you can stop by pressing the pause key).

My jetways don't dock to AI aircrafts doors, I have tested with a FAIB A319 (I have checked the exits section).
I have added a line in aircraftparameters.ini
[A319]
1L = 2.0, -0.15, 4.0, 1.1, 1.2

and kept the simobjectsdisplayengine.ini values

[AISystem]
DetectionEnable=True
JetwaySoundEnable=True

Best regards

Country
switzerland
Hi,

I found a little, but mean bug today in the jetway detection code for AI aircraft. It is fixed now. I'll release an update later...

Country
france
Hi Jeffrey,

ignore this request :

- there is no way to set a negative value to the root rotation in Jetway InitialState, thus I don't know how to rotate the root clockwise without changing the heading of the static part.

I have found that the root initial heading is set by jetway configuration/Root Sweep/minimum sweep angle.

I am eager to test the next update with ai aircrafts.

Best regards

Country
france
I think that I have found a little mistake in SODE_Jetway_Creator.ms : line 8 " fileIn (FSXScriptRoot + "\\Startup\\FSXAnimation.ms") "

FSXAnimation.ms is not located in the startup folder. The only file in this folder is Bootstrap.ms. When you open Bootstrap.ms you can read at line 9 : "execute ( openFile ( FSXScriptRoot + "\\FSXAnimation.ms" ) )"

Can you confirm Jeffrey ?

Country
switzerland
Good catch! I have copied the FSXAnimation.ms to the Startup folder some time ago I guess...
Just edit the line :)

Thanks

Bambi_007

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Thank you Jeffrey for the new Types of Jetways.

I want to have Bridge_C in the T-Type. Is this possible maybe. Thank you. The Bridge_C has extend a little bit from the Bridge_B

Country
switzerland
gmax Script for static jetway creation fixed to correctly convert boolean data. SDK1.5 [12NOV16]