1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little problem with an simple animation

Discussion in 'Blender' started by lumat, 2 Feb 2017.

1. lumat

lumat

Thank you so muche Dave.
    I think that if the plane is not visible, it's a problem with normals....

me too, I tried to export without MCX. It's ok in FSX. maybe a problem with MCX.

Just a question (again ... lol) : Why when I create a constraint for the bones, like "follow track" on curve, my bones go away ? It's a problem which I can't solve ... I must replace it in a good way... Sometimes, my plane turn or deforms ... It's painful ..

Thank you for your help !

2. lumat

lumat

Oh no !!! Sorry to come back with another question !

I made the second door and ... Only one work on FSX !!!

Is there special things to do for 2 animations (in opposite directions) in a same scenery ?

3. dave hoeffgen

dave hoeffgen Resource contributor

germany
    There shouldn't be any problem. Or did you do the second one through a mirror constraint or modifier or something?

4. lumat

lumat

No.
    I created a second curve, A second armature, objects ... I didn't use any modifier or Mirror ...
    my bones have the same animation tag and the bake it's done for every armatures

But is the good way ?

Last edited: 11 Feb 2017
  5. dave hoeffgen

germany
    I don't think there should be a problem then :scratchch

6. lumat

lumat

It don't work though.

I made new 2 doors, again lol !
    And same problem. In FSX one of the 2 doors is totally offset and non animated.
    I don't understand why only one door work correctly

Joined my last file, before an after bake.

Attached Files:

7. lumat

lumat

I made a new try without use the path animation (for the curves), only by insert keyframes manually (Locrot), for every bone at the start and at the end on the timeline.
    After that, bake for each armature.
    Always only one door animated.
    I begin to think that is not possible to animate a double door by this way !!!

Doing all these tries since a week, It seem to me that bake two animations one after the other has a wrong result in FSX.
    But I don't know if it is possible to bake the 2 animations at the same time ...

For example, this new file joined. Impossible for me to make it working correctly on FSX !
    Maybe I'm wrong somewhere, but I don't think

Attached Files:

Last edited: 12 Feb 2017
  8. lumat

lumat

Hi all
    I come back to explain how I make finally. Manually....If it can be useful for everyone

- I make every door section as a different object, the pivot point of each one on the lower left corner (Front view)
    - I create a curve, an emptie by object and set the parameters for their move along the curve. This step allows me to have a guideline.
    - After that, I create a Keyframe 5 frame by 5 frame and place each door according to his empty along the curve.
    It's a little long way but it work perfectly.

Thank you for your help Dave :)

Luc

9. dave hoeffgen

germany
    1. You could also have constrained the door segment along the curve and tried to bake thre action again for each one
    2. The backdraw is that you now have a separate DrawCall for each segment. That means quite some cost of performance.
    3. Do the segments now connect correctly?

10. lumat

lumat

Hello Dave
    Here my file :)
    It work very well. No problem.
    But I can try another solution, why not, if it's better

Attached Files: