• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 MCX export issue

Country
australia
Hi,

I have tried exporting my object for p3dv4 using the convert and place object wizard and i'm getting an error telling me that it cant find the p3dv2 bglcomp ?

I have set the export version to V4.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Country
australia
Ok I sorted the issue, I just set the path in mcx to that of the p3dv4 sdk for both the compiler path options.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Sounds like a bug, let me check if the BGLComp check is done right.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Are you sure you have installed the latest development release? The version from about 2 weeks ago had the export to P3D v4 BGL not implemented correctly. But in the current build v2 and v4 should not be mixed anymore.

Country
norway
Hi Arno,

With your latest McX update, I also had to set the P3D2 path to the same as the P3D4 path before it worked. I have now placed FSX mdl's (from Gmax) with McX Convert and Place, converted a single FSX mdl to a P3D4 mdl, then used a xml file on P3D4 bglcomp to make a working bgl, and finally, used McX to convert entire libraries (made with Quicklib). Everything is working well with P3D4.

Since Quicklib is not working with P3D4 type mdl's, I have to use McX to make changes in a library. In that regard, is it possible to mark each model as crash or nocrash? Maybe I would want to keep the crashbox for example for a hospital with a landing pad. If I export a library I only have the crash or nochrash option for all models in the lib. But OK I have a solution for now, export the lib with crashboxes, the set crash or nocrash in ADE.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
In the options you can specify if objects should have crash or not. This setting is used when you export the mdl.

Which sdks do you have installed? Then I can check if I can reproduce it. It's only when you export to bgl or also to mdl that v2 path needs to be set?

Country
norway
Yes, but when exporting a library, all models will be crash or nocrash. I want to specify for each model in the library if to be crash or nocrash before exporting the library. I have only P3D4 installed now, with the SDK. But since I am still using the old monster gmax, I also use the FSX SDK. It seems to me McX looks for a P3D2 I never had. P3D3 was installed here for one month before P3D4 came out, so maybe there is stuff in the registry still making a mess, as (if memory serves) P3D3 also made references to P3D2.

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Just back from my vacation, is this still an issue I need to look into?