1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS2004 MCX No MDL files created.

Discussion in 'Library Creator XML' started by Snowdancer, 10 Mar 2016.

1. Snowdancer

Snowdancer

us-vermont
    Hi guys, I have been making up some new hangers, using MCX, it seems to be working like a charm, I get all texture files and XML files fine. But I guess old age has me really scratching my head when I try to use library creator x, because I have no MDL files. I am using FS9 only, on windows 7. I just don't know what more is required to get MDL,s. I have MCX option files set up this way:Exporter settings as follows,
    BGL Comp.exe path:C:\FS9\bglcomp.exe, Make Model Path: C:\FS9\MakeMDL_SDK.exe.

Texture settings [FS9PATH]\effects\texture: and Image tool Path: C:\FS9\imagetool.exe.

FS related settings: FS2004 Path: C:\FS9 , no ModelDef path, and Prefered FS Version: FS2004.

I just don't know what I am missing, any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. tgibson

tgibson

us-california
    You need to have MCX create the MDL file (Export Object, use drop down box to change type to MDL, give it a name and a location, OK). Then you can load the MDL file into Library Maker and compile a library BGL file to be used in FS.

Hope this helps,

3. Snowdancer

Snowdancer

us-vermont
    Thanks Tom, I will give it a try.

4. Snowdancer

Snowdancer

us-vermont
    Tom, for some reason MCX does not give me any options other than the following. MCX Options.jpg

5. Snowdancer

Snowdancer

us-vermont
    I finally woke up to the crux of my problem, I was not used to the latest version of MCX and was exporting my models as scenery when I should have exported as an object. Now all is working as should be. Thanks again for your help.