• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Misplaced Autogen?

Country
us-pennsylvania
The pictures below show the Autogen trees placed in the editor. The next shows where they are appearing in FS2004. It seems that the Autogen is being placed at the opposite end (north/south) of the texture. Also, I am not sure if you can orient the textures to always be oriented to the north as they appear in FS2004, but that would help and might be part of the problem I am having.
Regards - Dick Boley

Last edited:

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Hi Dick.

I noted in another forum that you are using Luis Sa's SBuilder.

That program slices and places photoreal textures as VTP, which means the textures are vertically flipped to appear correctly in the sim.

In order to use Art's program, or any autogen program, you'll need to reflip the textures, if using VTP-ready CUSTOM textures.

Dick

Country
us-pennsylvania
Ah ha, I now remember something about that. I am using Luis's SBuilder program. The secrets of the trade.

The question then is, how does one "un-flip" the textures? If Art can offer that as an option it would be nice.
Thanks,
Dick Boley

Country
us-arizona
Heck, I have trouble flipping a pancake. I haven't gotten into VTP textures at all so that's uncharted waters for me. I'll bet Martin Wright's got some utility for doing what you're asking so I don't think I'm going to reinvent the wheel here. I'm just now warming up to the idea of looking into what it takes to make the image you edit in my program zoomable and scrollable. Not even sure it's possible with the intrinsic controls VB provides.

Art Martin

Country
us-pennsylvania
Using Martin Wright's DXTBmp program to flip the texture for use in the new Annotator program. I then place the resulting AGN file into the World/texture folder.

Dick Boley