• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v3 Mix 2 veg classes with one line statement in scenPROC?

Country
unitedstates
I didn't see anything regarding this in the forums so I thought I would throw this out there....

Can I assign two different vegetation classes to one poly type? I know I can create two statements one for each veg type and it will work but that would double the amount of veg. I was seeking when combining more of a 50/50 of the two veg types.

If so, how would the scenPROC statement
look?

If so, can this be done in scenPROC v1? scenPROV v2?

Thx,

Clutch

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

For now you need two lines and check the random value. So FRAND>0.5 on one and FRAND<0.5 on the other. Then you won't double the polygons.

I'm working on a feature change where you can specify multiple guids and it will randomly pick one of them. But I think that will only make it in the version 3.0 release.

Kelvin Richardson

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
Hi Arno,

It's been a while, hope your doing well!

How far off do you think multiple guids is? I'm very interested in rebuilding my scenery with more variation.

Also, I have one query, which can be followed by some more info if required.

I have some issues with some scenery that causes tiles of vegetation to be dusted white, almost as if in the build, trees with snow are created but I don't know what could cause this, do you have any ideas?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I need to check my code. I thought I had implemented it already, but I can remember in which build it is.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Could the second issue be related to how seasons are setup in the sim?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
You can specify multiple guids in the development release and each polygon will get a random guid from the list. But per polygon you only have one type.

Kelvin Richardson

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
Could the second issue be related to how seasons are setup in the sim?
I'm still trying to work it out as only some tiles are snow covered and others not...i'll do some more checking and check back if I need further help.

Kelvin Richardson

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
You can specify multiple guids in the development release and each polygon will get a random guid from the list. But per polygon you only have one type.
This sounds excellent, a long awaited feature.

Can you explain what you mean by only having one type per polygon?

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
The original question in the first post was to have multiple types within one polygon. That's not supported, each polygon randomly gets a guid from the list.

If you want more variation you maybe first need to scatter points and then use random types on these points.