1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSXA mod terrain cfg

Discussion in 'FSX KML' started by JohnC1, 19 Aug 2013.

1. JohnC1

JohnC1

us-vermont
    I do a lot of work with FSX_KML.

If I look at the modified terrain.cfg I see a number of items like this...

// Medium road with light poles and telephone poles
    [Autogen.3.0.0]
    guid={81F596DE-70CF-DC43-BFCC-6F64A456DB23}
    LegacyId=3
    AutoObject={46F3D6CB-4270-4373-AEE9-89FB38462EA9} (ag_telephonepole)
    ObjectSize=219
    ExclusionWidth=3
    ClipData=Yes
    Offset=15
    Density=0
    MinAutogenDensity=20
    PlaceOnWater=No
    RandomHeading=No

This requires some software to embed the above into, I suppose for instance the shapefile defining the path along which this road should appear.
    It may be a xml file to submit to BglComp???.

Can someone enlighten me? I know I can string out e.g. telephone poles along a road with Fsx_kml, but the above example seems to combine three items at once.. a road, a light pole, and a telephone pole.

2. GaryGB

GaryGB

us-illinois
    Last edited: 19 Aug 2013
  3. GaryGB

GaryGB

us-illinois

As posted in my initial reply in this thread:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427193

Basically, if you are more familiar with how to work with FSX_KML, rather than learning how to do the vector additions / mods in application vector content config files for ADE or SBuilder, you may wish to implement the methods described for FSX_KML by editing a copy of the "FSX_KML_Tags.xml".

The FSDeveloper wiki on "FSX_KML_Tags.xml" is at:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=FSX_KML#What_is_the_FSX_KML_TAGS_file.3F

For further related info, see especially the links regarding "FSX_KML_Tags.xml" in this thread at:

http://173-233-77-148.static.turnkeyinternet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=648330&postcount=7.

IIUC, once "FSX_KML_Tags.xml" is edited, you can use those new attributes to tag your vector lines right inside the FSX_KML GUI. :idea:

Sorry, I don't have a "worked example" available at the moment, but perhaps a Google search might turn up an example by someone else such as Thorsten Reichert (aka "Horst18519"), Scott Smart (aka "Scott967"), or "Robystar" ...who have used and posted about FSX_KML in some detail previously ? ;)

PS: In FSX SDK, newer CVX format vector content BGLs are now compiled (and placed) via "SHP2VEC" rather than via BGLComp.

Hope this helps ! :)

GaryGB

Last edited: 4 Sep 2013
  4. JohnC1

JohnC1

us-vermont
    Thanks

I have a direction to go in now.....

5. JohnC1

JohnC1

us-vermont
    ..................Eight years later, I did get around to edit my tags for FSX_KML and all went well until....the compiled BGL line itself shows up in TMFViewer but not in FSXA.

Best wishes from Central Florida to Chicagoland.

6. GaryGB

GaryGB

us-illinois