1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no personal use? !!!!

Discussion in 'Prepar3D' started by Robert John, 14 Oct 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert John

Robert John

unitedkingdom
    Last edited: 14 Oct 2013
  2. hairyspin

hairyspin Resource contributor

unitedkingdom
    Last edited: 14 Oct 2013
  3. rhumbaflappy

rhumbaflappy Moderator Staff Member Resource contributor

us-wisconsin
    Hi Robert.

The right place to gather info about any restrictions on P3D usage would be at the prepare3D website:

http://www.prepar3d.com/

Our indications are that Lockheed-Martin will NOT answer any questions about EULAs, terms of use or restrictions. They are more sick of it than we are. :)

If they will not answer your inquiries in a timely manner, then you might assume they do not plan on enforcing any restrictions. Then again, they might...

An academic license costs $49.95, as I recall. If you buy such a license, and then find they revoke it, you would loose $49.95... that would be your level of risk for using their educational tool for personal entertainment.

Version 2.0 will be released soon. So if you decide to purchase the academic license, whether for the intended use or not, you might want to wait for that version.

I don't think I can state this any clearer, and further discussion on this topic would be beyond the scope of this website. So I am closing the thread.

Dick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.