• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

One click hangar

Country
us-illinois
Hi Morten:

Sounds like this might offer a good alternative to FSX default-type fences which 'disappear with ones angle of view'. :wizard:

FYI: Sketchup by default utilizes transparency in the textures of materials so that the "Opacity" slider works. ;)

Sketchup Menu > Window > Materials Dialog > [Edit Tab] > Opacity slider

"Portable Network Graphics[2] (PNG[3]) is a raster graphics file format that supports lossless data compression. PNG was created as an improved, non-patented replacement for Graphics Interchange Format (GIF), and is the most used lossless image compression format on the Internet.[4]

PNG supports palette-based images (with palettes of 24-bit RGB or 32-bit RGBA colors), grayscale images (with or without alpha channel), and full-color non-palette-based RGB[A] images (with or without alpha channel)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_Network_Graphics

"PNG offers a variety of transparency options. With true-color and grayscale images either a single pixel value can be declared as transparent or an alpha channel can be added (enabling any percentage of partial transparency to be used). For paletted images, alpha values can be added to palette entries. The number of such values stored may be less than the total number of palette entries, in which case the remaining entries are considered fully opaque.

The scanning of pixel values for binary transparency is supposed to be performed before any color reduction to avoid pixels' becoming unintentionally transparent. This is most likely to pose an issue for systems that can decode 16-bits-per-channel images (as they must to be compliant with the specification) but only output at 8 bits per channel (the norm for all but the highest end systems).

Alpha storage can be "associated" ("premultiplied") or "unassociated", but PNG standardized[15] on "unassociated" ("non-premultiplied") alpha so that images with separate transparency masks can be stored losslessly."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_Network_Graphics#Transparency_of_image

CAVEAT: One must use a program other than MS-Paint to create / convert images output to PNG format:

The version of Paint in Windows 7 and Windows 8 supports viewing (but not saving) transparent PNG and ICO file formats; it now saves files in the .png file format by default.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paint_(software)#Windows_7_and_later

Bitmap graphics editor support for PNG

Main article: Comparison of raster graphics editors
The PNG format is widely supported by graphics programs, including Adobe Photoshop, Corel's Photo-Paint and Paint Shop Pro, the GIMP, GraphicConverter, Helicon Filter, ImageMagick, Inkscape, IrfanView, Pixel image editor, Paint.NET and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer and many others. Some programs bundled with popular operating systems which support PNG include Microsoft's Paint and Apple's iPhoto and Preview, with the GIMP also often being bundled with popular Linux distributions.

Adobe Fireworks (formerly by Macromedia) uses PNG as its native file format, allowing other image editors and preview utilities to view the flattened image. However, Fireworks by default also stores meta data for layers, animation, vector data, text and effects. Such files should not be distributed directly. Fireworks can instead export the image as an optimized PNG without the extra meta data for use on web pages, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_Network_Graphics#Bitmap_graphics_editor_support_for_PNG

BTW: Although I primarily use Corel PhotoPaint, I often find "XnView" (freeware) convenient for its ease of use and its extensive functionality for individual or batch file format inter-conversion; the file inter-conversion engine is also available as a stand-alone (CMD-mode): "Nconvert" <not 'XnConvert'>.

PNG is one of the file formats XnView works with. :idea:

Additionally, XnView's file browser has a scalable-size thumbnail gallery that can display most DXT / DDS / BMP file formats used in FS. :pushpin:

http://www.xnview.com/en/

Hope this helps ! :)

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks Gary, it does, and you also reminded me that I previously have tested using png-files with added transparency.

Country
us-illinois
Hi Morten:

I initially forgot to mention another brilliant plugin by Aerilius, which works around the limitations of Sketchup with retention of mapped texture UVW attachment vertices ...including "baking any UV distortion into the image file; thus the resulting texture pins are arranged in a rectangle (especially for exporters that don't support distortion)"; I added a link to this Ruby script below:

Make Unique Texture ++ by Aerilius

http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41441

...and in the context of my post to this thread above at:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/one-click-hangar.424466/page-9#post-705521

Hope this proves useful during your further development of tools for Sketchup and FS ! :)

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
denmark
Hi Morten
I have a problem with arched hangars, if I try to explode it I end up with one group that cant't be exploded or edited??
Would it be possible to have different texture for the roof inside, like it is with the wall?
I hope you keep on develop this nice useful plugin!
Regardas
Ove

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Ove,

I just had a look at this and can see what you mean. I did some development on the arched hangar ages ago to allow for UV mapped textures to be used in the arched hangar and as a consequence, each part of the roof and ceiling is a separate group, which again is joined to the main group one at a time, which makes it into a horribly nested group which has to be exploded several times. If you use the standard arch detail level of 30, you would have to explode it 60 times, if not more, in order to manually edit each part.

I am currently in the process of a complete restructure of the whole plugin in order to make it more modular and easier to track problems.

It is currently possible to define a separate texture for the inside of the arched roof by using the UV extension, as long as the texture has been defined as an Extension texture in textures.och.

As an example I have an image file called metalsheet.jpg, which is 900 by 719 pixels and I have defined it in textures.och using the code below:

Metal sheet;1869x1578;Extension;metalsheet.jpg;

This defines the texture named Metal sheet to be 18.69m wide and 15.78m tall in SketchUp (although using the UV extension overrides the texture dimensions).

If I want to use this texture inside the hangar roof I can use the following code in the Extensions input box when creating the hangar:

UV(0;718;900;719;Metal sheet;IR;0)

The code tells One Click Hangar to use the texture named Metal sheet on the inside of the roof.

Details of the UV attributes:

Start pixel from left - Usually 0, unless you want the drawn texture to start somewhere in the middle of the image file.
Start pixel from top - This tells you where bottom of the drawn texture starts. If using an image files which is 719 pixels tall like I have, the bottom row is 718, top row is 0,
Texture width in pixels - This must be less than or equal to the width of the image file, minus start pixel from less, otherwise unexpected results may occur.
Texture height in pixels - This must be less than or equal to the start pixel from top number + 1, otherwise unexpected results may occur.
Texture name - Name of the texture as defined in textures.och.
Hangar part - One of the following: B (external hangar back), IB (internal hangar back), F (external hangar front), IF (internal hangar front), ER (external roof), IR (internal roof)
Texture rotation - This is an attribute which is reserved for future use and should be set to 0.

Use of the UV extension is something I'm at some point hoping to re-design to make it easier to use.

I hope this helps.

Country
denmark
Hi Morten thank you for your response!
Explode, explode, explode, I tried to see how many times it wuld take to get all the way.
It's not 60, more like 15 or 20.
IO am going to experiment with UV extensions
Regards
Ove

Country
us-southcarolina
Hello Morten, Thank you for your generosity to share the One Click Hangar plugin with the FSDeveloper community. You have obviously invested vast amounts of time in it's creation and evolution and for that I am extremely grateful. I am still in infancy status where modeling objects for FSX is concerned. I am struggling in this area, so I have been spending time reading and happened upon this post. I believe I can certainly leverage your plugin to help me finish updating my home airport in FSX. I do have a couple of questions to start:

1) Are you still maintaining OneClickHangar?

2) Is there anyway to add a second door to the backside of the standard hangar? I am looking for a pitched roof open hangar (open on both ends, like a shelter), so I figured if I could add a second door to the backside, I could delete it like I can the front door.

Thanks again for for your generosity and time.

Robert

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Robert,

I am still maintaining One Click Hangar, however, I have not done much with it the last couple of months due to other commitments.

With regards to adding a door at the back of the standard hangar, it is possible by adding the following string to the Extensions field DB(<offset from left hand wall>;<door width>;<door height>;<door type>). Please note that the offset, door width and height are all in centimetres, also the door type attribute is optional.

At some point the syntax of this Extensions command was changed from DB(<door width>) to the above, so if the above doesn't work, it could be that you have to try this syntax.

Also, as a further note. I have just tested this command and currently it does not work as intended, as it fails to draw the doors and only draws the openings in the front and back walls, however if this is the case with the version you are using, it shouldn't pose any issues since you want the doors to be removed anyway.

I have been planning a complete redesign of One Click Hangar to make it more user friendly, but it could take some time for this to be completed.

Let me know if you have any issues with the DB extension, and I'll see if I can resolve them for you.

Country
us-southcarolina
Awesome Morton! Thanks for the super quick reply. From what you explain, I think it will work perfectly. Thanks

Country
us-southcarolina
Hello! I saw in this thread how to close the bi-fold doors, can I close the sliding doors as well? I am referring to a T-Hangar Row with sliding doors. Thanks again, Robert

Country
us-southcarolina
Hi Morten, I tried that. It works for the bi-fold doors, but doesn't seem to have an effect on the sliding doors.

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Robert, you're right. I have the same issue here. I'll see if I can fix it and upload the file for the hangar doors.

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Robert.

I have uploaded a new version of the hangar dev.zip in the first post of this thread.
If you have the previous version installed, you only need to replace the hangar.rb and hangar_doors.rb files, which are the files I have updated. If you had an older version installed, please replace your existing rb-files with the ones in the hangar dev.zip file.

Please note that I'm not able to test if my changes in those two files actually work, due to major changes to the whole One Click Hangar plugin. I have however tested the same changes in the current version I have installed on my laptop, and they should therefore work in the file I uploaded.

Please let me know if you run into any issues at all.

Country
us-southcarolina
Thanks Morten! The update works as advertised with no issues. Great work and thank you for such a quick turn around.

Robert

Country
us-southcarolina
Hello Morten,
On the airport I am currently working on, I came across the below hangar. I apologize for not having a clearer photo, but this is the best I can get from Google. It appears to be a standard hangar, but with three bi-fold doors on the front. Is there a way to create this one with the one-click-hangar plug-in? BTW, the one-click-hangar tool is one awesome tool. I have recreated all the hangars at my home airport with this one exception. If there is no way to create this one from your tool, I can always manipulate the textures, so no worries if the tool doesn't create this one. I understand how busy you are. Thanks again for your time and interest. Robert

upload_2015-10-1_9-55-48.png

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Robert,

Yes it is possible with bi-fold doors and hydraulic swing doors.
In the Extensions field, type MD(x) where x is the number of doors.
It is also possible to set individual door folding levels for each door, using the following syntax MD(x;df1;df2;df3...) where x is the number of doors and df1, df2, df3, etc, are the door folding levels for each individual door.

Please let me know if you run into any issues.

Country
us-southcarolina
DUDE....You are awesome!!!!!! Will this thing make coffee too? This is fantastic....I love this tool.