1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P3D v4 Option request

Discussion in 'Airport Design Editor' started by johnliem, 13 Sep 2017.

1. johnliem

johnliem

netherlands
    Hello

how can I request an extra option or feature for ADE.

2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

unitedkingdom
    Just ask ;)

3. johnliem

johnliem

netherlands
    okay can you add another path to save to Specific folder, as shown below

upload_2017-9-13_10-42-35.png

4. scruffyduck

unitedkingdom
    If you mean change the path in yellow boxes then click on the radio button next to 'To Specific Folder'

upload_2017-9-13_10-6-51.png

Then use the small button with '...' to select the folder. This folder is project specific so you can choose a different folder for each project if you wish.

Or perhaps you mean something else?

5. johnliem

johnliem

netherlands
    yes I know that, what I mean just exactly the same option as my printscreen only with an extra path that I can compile it to another specific folder.

6. scruffyduck

unitedkingdom
    Surely that is what that does? you can set a specific folder, or are you asking to have two folders that you can switch between? The other option on the main compile screen is

upload_2017-9-13_10-18-39.png

To click Open Folder and then navigate to the folder you want to use

7. johnliem

johnliem

netherlands
    yes, this exactly what I want to have two folders to choose, and not to switch between.

Last edited: 13 Sep 2017
  8. johnliem

johnliem

netherlands
    another Request is is it possible to add a feature like WYSIWYG function for example like properties under

especially for Brightness instead of number of value that we also can see how bright when we increase or descrease the brightness in 2 diffrent 2 small thumbnail , first thumbnail show current setting the second is when we change it then apply

what happend now with this default setting

after changing the value,
    1 save it,
    2 compile it
    3 copy the file to the scenery folder of the sim ,
    4 load the sim, take a look what is the result and not satisfied, and back to 1,2,3,4 again.

and about the separation or distance, again WYSIWYG .

upload_2017-9-13_13-58-8.png

9. scruffyduck

unitedkingdom
    I will add them to the list

10. johnliem

johnliem

netherlands
    Thanks Jon,

11. tgibson

tgibson

us-california
    Why do you need the compiled BGL to be placed into two different folders? Once I set the BGL file to be compiled to an active scenery folder and my AD4 file to be saved to the Projects folder, I've got all I need.

12. johnliem

johnliem

netherlands
    Because to have that option I do not need to copy it manually to a certain folder, and the files which saved in this case become a backup.

for Jon I see there are a lot of hotkeys already available in ADE like for example light nighting with L and Turning Tool Tips On or Off Q, but when I click on light nighting via view I do not see any hotkey letter like when you click on edit about Undo and Re Do,
    could you also add that into your list, please. thanks.

13. scruffyduck

unitedkingdom
    Try pressing the L key. Help > Command Help (Shift + F1) can show you many of the shortcut and command keys available

upload_2017-9-14_7-41-50.png

14. johnliem

johnliem

netherlands
    Yes I have seen that but what I mean will it be possible also to make it like in Adobe photoshop, every where or menu we click on, it popups with the shortcut and command keys, in ADE I see them when we click on File and Edit menu. :), it is just an idea.

15. =rk=

=rk=

us-washington
    I can endorse that this is actually a valid enhancement for my workflow. It is not exactly about saving the .bgl, as it is the working version of the .ad4. I generally don't request changes unless I feel my idea is vital, but this does work for me and I'll explain.
    Not long ago I created a simple scenery for a commercial developer and I wanted it to be clean and elegant, nothing fancy but all the details perfect. In order to test requested changes and adjustments, I developed a system of a "working" build and a test build. My working build is my "pristine" copy and while I could save it with a unique file name, that itself gets confusing. So for me, it is more natural to save this .ad4 in the working folder compile that to the scenery folder. Later make changes, save that .ad4 to the test folder and compile that .bgl to the scenery folder. If it doesn't work out, I still have my perfect and un-incrementally changed working version. If it does work out, the edited version replaces the working version. Trying to undo one of these small changes, or figure out which of my incremental saves to go back to does not seem to be as efficient and not that I'd ask you to make these changes based on that alone, but you can see how it fits right in..