• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Phuket International Airport (VTSP), Thailand

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I'm doing texture baking in 3dmax. Unfortunately this project was started in Gmax. Next time I'll do in 3dmax only. I need to do texture baking in 3dmax and come back to gmax to remapping since the older project has a lot of repeated textures.

3max04.jpg

3max03.jpg

3max02.jpg

3max01.jpg

Hopefully it would be good in FSX as it looks in 3dmax.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Sorry I misunderstood the question.
Both methods actually. The buildings is made of photoshop work except windows. It is photography taken from somewhere else. But most of them are Prasong's work from previous version.
I have some baked-texture works. The model was done in traditional way in Gmax. Some parts have a repeated texture. I imported in 3dmax and make texture baking by autounwrap method. I got a new texture and remapped the model (very tedious job). Next time I'll do this in max and do the texture and bake it later. Less job it would be.

You will see the shadow casts on the building and the yellow acrylic roof is semitransparent. So the shadow is brighter than the rest. Looks real.

VTSP_FSX01-01.jpg

Some parts made of pure photoshop by myself especially this building which was not exist in the previous version. After texture baking, it looks so real with shadow cast on the posts. The post itself has some reflection too.

VTSP_FSX01-02.jpg

The light poles and the spot lights cast their shadow on the roof. I think texture baking is not obsolete. It make things more real, even though it does not change with time.

VTSP_FSX01-03.jpg

Last edited:
Country
france
:) Great Jtana.

One question though, It seems that you didn't design the apron yet. It still the photoreal layer. Will you change it ?

Can you add 1 or 2 typical regional Ai aircrafts somwhere in the airport ?

Thanks for your work !

Dom

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Some more detail
The main building. Shadow of semitransparent roof cast on the floor and road.
VTSP_FSX05-01.jpg

Jetway
VTSP_FSX05-02.jpg

Detail of shadow cast on the posts
VTSP_FSX05-03.jpg

Another view on Terminal 2 building. See the reflection of white roof on the wall of the building. I love texture baking so much.
VTSP_FSX06-01.jpg

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Texture baking make lighting at night looks so real.
VTSP_FSX11-02.jpg

VTSP_FSX11-01-1.jpg

VTSP_FSX11-05.jpg

VTSP_FSX11-03.jpg

VTSP_FSX11-04.jpg

Some how I have problem with ground poly. It should look like this in Gmax but it does not show up.
VTSP_FSX11-01.jpg

Last edited:
Country
australia
Fantastic project there 'jtanabodee'!!
How long has the project taken you so far now?....many sleepless nights?!
Looks excellent mate....keep up the good work:)

Regards

Darren

Country
us-colorado
For the animated grass, I say leave it out. It's a nice effect, but I think it will be lost on users.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I'm not sure I can do FS9 version because I used 2048 texture. If I scale down it will get blur.