1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Placing new library bgl.

Discussion in 'Library Creator XML' started by arthur nelson, 25 May 2014.

1. arthur nelson

arthur nelson

us-michigan
    I created a new Library to start with one object and it created a bgl and I placed it into my active scenery folder within addon scenery and when i run object placement it is not listed in scenery list. did i place the bgl in wrong place? or was i to do something else?

2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

What do you mean with object placement? The object placement tool of the SDK? It will show your object, but not by the name, but by the guid.

3. arthur nelson

arthur nelson

us-michigan
    yes the object placement tool, even the guid is not showing up in the scenery list , quick example a submarine i made in gmax shows up in object placement under the ai drop down menu, i use that to figure where i want to place the submarine, i then take the lat. and lon. and then write an xml and then create a .bgl and put in fsx and the submarine shows up as scenery where i want it. but under the scenery drop down neither the guid number nor the name of the sub are in the scenery drop down menu..never shows up as scenery. I am not making a mission just saving scenery. thanks for the response

4. tgibson

tgibson

us-california
    Did you copy it to the Addon Scenery/scenery folder?

5. arthur nelson

arthur nelson

us-michigan
    No I added it to the active addon/dads base but it can be moved i will try thanks for the response

6. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    It needs to be in an active scenery folder.