• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Question for the experts

Country
australia
Hi all, I am working on a project of my own ( a business jet ) and I want to create an engine oil diffuser effect similar to the ones seen coming from the side vents of the engines of the aircraft in this video
. All previous attempts have been miserable failures. Could any of you kind souls please put me out of my misery either way. Thanks in advance.

Country
us-virginia
The little wispy stuff at the back of the engines? There is a standard steam effect that might work. Attach it where your vents are located. I assume this is just for on the ground once the engines are started, taxiing, etc. You would probably want some type of setting tied to the throttles to make it appear and go away at the appropriate.

If the steam effect isn't doing the trick, you are going to have to dive into the effects tool to make your own. I'd start that by opening the steam effect is in the effects tool , see how it works and start tinkering with it until you get a handle on what all the particles are doing.

Oh…I'm not an expert but I play one on TV. ;)

Country
australia
Hangar32, that was the ticket, with a little help from the fx tool, I now have almost exactly what I want. Thank you so much for your help.
Regards, TJ

Ronald

Resource contributor
All previous attempts have been miserable failures. Could any of you kind souls please put me out of my misery either way. Thanks in advance.
Great bird that Gulfstream G550!
- What have you already been doing so far in order to create the effect right?
- What kind of tools have you been using?
- Can you post some screenshots of previous effects?

Country
australia
Will have to post a video when I get home from work but you can view my current collection without that particular effect at