1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SAAB JAS39C/D

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by F747fly, 31 Mar 2017.

1. F747fly

F747fly

netherlands
    Thanks guys, here's how it looks in MCX though. It's not what Blender rendered for me but I think it's okay(ish)

JAS39C_02.jpg

JAS39C_10.jpg

JAS39D_03.jpg

JAS39D_06.jpg

2. F747fly

F747fly

netherlands
    Here are some shots of a few details I've worked on. I've mainly worked on the gear animations,which are difficult as the main gears do not retract in an ordinary fashion. The animation I'm trying to make has therefor become (over)complicated. It seemed to take what is effectively the shortest rotational route but it's not supposed, will have to find a fix for that.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

3. Ronald

Ronald Resource contributor

Are all landings that are used throughout all the JAS39's version the same Frits?
    If yes, then I've found 3 nice detailed videos about it, nice material to start you animations from

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

4. F747fly

F747fly

netherlands
    Yes they are the same on all JAS39 models. The differences in models:

The differences between A/B, C/D and now E/F is that the original production versions (A/B) did not feauture the armarment and electronics necessary to become NATO-compatible, which at the time (circa 2000-2002) was important to even compete for the jetfighter replacement programs of then new NATO-countries Hungary and the Czech Republic (both awarded to the Gripen) and in Polan (which was awarded to the F-16C Block 50/52+, correct me if I'm wrong). Quite interesting was that this one the onliest fighter in all of those competition that needed upgrades before being able to compete (other bids coming from Eurofighter, Dassault, Lockheed-Martin and Boeing, all of which had to design to NATO-standards to start with).
    Good to know is that, although there are differences between the main gears of the A/C and B/D versions in terms of the landing gear doors, there is no difference in the gears between A/B and C/D. As a matter of fact, the Swedish Air Force which originally operated A/B variants upgraded all (I believe) of it's aircraft to C/D standard. The main exterior notice of such a change is the fact that the C/D variant have inflight refeuling capabilities, which the A/B variants did not have.
    And to be very clear, before we get haters throwing rocks at anything, the JAS39s offered to countries such as the Netherlands, Belgium and Norway were not "aging" (not my words, because these decisions were supposed to be made before 2010 meaning the aircraft would have been 8 years old at max) JAS39C/D variants but newly eveloped JAS39E/F variants, which has yet to perform a first flight (2017). But I guess that's politics... :confused:

5. F747fly

F747fly

netherlands
    Gently started some work on a the VC

6.png

dastro23 likes this.
  6. F747fly

F747fly

netherlands
    After some concideration I remade that start on the VC, it's quite hard to show but I'm more certain of the accuracy of this then I was of what I had before...

7.png

8.png

9.png

FatCat and dastro23 like this.
  7. Ronald

Ronald Resource contributor

Going great Frits, going great!

8. F747fly

F747fly

netherlands