1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SimConnect with P3D, SimConnectP3D confusion

Discussion in 'Prepar3D' started by KWB, 13 Mar 2017.

1. KWB

KWB

germany
    • Coming from FSX/SimConnect I am a bit confused about SimConnect with P3D. I have downloaded the SDK. It contains a SimConnect.lib, but no SimConnect.dll (or do I have miss it?).
    • From friends I know that there is a SimConnectP3D.dll developed by LM/Peter Dowson. I understand this is only needed for FSUIPC.
    • Where is the SimConnect.dll coming from or is P3D only supporting static linking?

Last edited: 13 Mar 2017
  2. pfabian

pfabian

slovakia
    SimConnect.dll should be a part of P3D installation in the P3D-current version, you can also install distributables from older version with included MSI packs.

The DLL itself is then not a part of the SDK.

3. richard008

richard008

china
    If you downloaded the real P3D SDK,you can find the SimConnect.dll called "LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll" int "...sdkpth\Utilities\SimConnect SDK\lib\managed\" folder.
    That is the folder you can find "SimConnect.lib" in "Utilities\SimConnect SDK\lib\".

Last edited: 19 May 2017
  4. richard008

richard008

china
    If you downloaded the FSX SDK,you need to find the "your p3d path\redist\Interface\" path under the installation root of the P3D,You'll find many different versions of FSX's SDK, and you can choose the DLL file that corresponding version you download in the "redist\Interface\FSX-XXXXXX\retail\lib\managed\" folder.

Last edited: 19 May 2017