• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Slowing down rotor spinup rate?

Rotornut44

Resource contributor
Country
us-florida
Hello,
I'm making a few adjustments to a helicopter and was wondering is there was any way to adjust the rate at which a helicopters rotor spins up during startup? Surly there has to be a setting somewhere that tells it how long to take. I know you can adjust the starter torque in the Aircraft.cfg.

Any help is appreciated. Trying to tweak this to properly match some startup sounds.

-CB

Roy Holmes

Resource contributor
Country
us-virginia
It depends on which helicopter type you are talking about.
There are three distinct types.
The Bell which has its rotor characteristics in its air file. Record 1402 includes Main Rotor MOI which could be adjusted to give some variation in spin up rate.
The Robinson and EH-101 , which have Main rotor data in the aircraft.cfg and that includes a weight to MOI factor. If you adjust that it will affect the stability of the rotor speed control as well as possibly changing the spin up. However the best way to adjust spin up is to control N2 via some exteranl means such as Sim Connect of XML Vars.
Roy

Rotornut44

Resource contributor
Country
us-florida
It depends on which helicopter type you are talking about.
There are three distinct types.
The Bell which has its rotor characteristics in its air file. Record 1402 includes Main Rotor MOI which could be adjusted to give some variation in spin up rate.
The Robinson and EH-101 , which have Main rotor data in the aircraft.cfg and that includes a weight to MOI factor. If you adjust that it will affect the stability of the rotor speed control as well as possibly changing the spin up. However the best way to adjust spin up is to control N2 via some exteranl means such as Sim Connect of XML Vars.
Roy

Roy,
The aircraft in question is the Flysimware Bell 47, which I'm guessing has been based off of the Robinson R22 air file and cfg? I may dig into the air file here in a few, but I'm going to be going in blind, as this is way out of my domain of scenery design. lol