1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSX Some basic questions about LCX

Discussion in 'Library Creator XML' started by Yuchen Chou, 22 Oct 2014.

1. Yuchen Chou

Yuchen Chou

china
    Hello everyone, I'm Yuchen and a new guy here. I'm learning how to use LCX to put all my mdl files to a bgl file. But I met some problem and need some help.
    1. When fsx use this bgl, how can it locate every mdl in the bgl and put them into a right place?
    2. What should I do with the bgl if I use two different textures on one mdl?

I'll really appreciate for your help.

PS: Plz forgive my bad English. :)

2. tgibson

tgibson

us-california
    To use a library object, you must have two things.
    a. MDL objects contained in a library BGL (as you have done with Library Creator). See below for location.
    b. Another BGL file that specifies where this library object should be placed. There can be many objects placed in one BGL file. This BGL file should be located along with the other BGL files for that airport (if any), or if not in any active scenery folder.

Answers:
    1. You must use a program (or write your own XML code) to place the library object into the scenery at a specified location. This creates file b. Programs like ADE, ObPlacer XML (FS9, http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=ObPlacer_XML), Object Placement Tool (FSX, http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Object_Placement_Tool_(FSX)), Rwy12, EZ-Scenery, and Instant Scenery can do this. I use Instant Scenery which allows you to place the objects while in FS and is very easy to use (payware).

2. You always place library BGL files (file a) into an active scenery folder (in the scenery subfolder). All textures go into the adjoining texture subfolder, no matter how many there are. If the library is for a specific airport, I place the library BGL and texture files into that airport's folder. If they are objects that will be used at many airports (ramp equipment, etc.) I place them into a generic Static Objects Library folder.

Last edited: 23 Oct 2014