• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Virtual Earth server DLL

Country
us-rhodeisland
Hi there
Is there a new Virtual Server dll to use?
I am using the SBuilderX313 default which is version 1.1.1.

I am making photorealistic scenery with Virtual Earth Satelite but the images are about 6-7 years old.
There are some major highways that are still under..... construction in Virtual Earth but in Google are shown complete.
I don't want to start using Google (even though it looks much better than Virtual Earth) in the middle of my project because there is a different hue in the Google image.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
What is the lat-long of the construction?

I ask, because we can only grab what the virtual earth server has... I'd like to see if there is newer scenery.

Dick

Country
us-rhodeisland
Virtual Earth Satelite

N37 58.78 E 23 22.10 aproximately.

I am doing the Athens Attiki photorealistic scenery project.
My mistake was from the beginning that I used the Virtual Earth Satelite.
The images are at least 7 years old because a major highway Attiki Odos
is still under construction in Virtual, but in Google is finished. It was finished in 2004.
The problem is, because I am doing a very large area, I can't switch to Google because the images of Google have a different hue, are more red-brown and it doesn't look good when you look at the scenery as a whole.
I don't feel like starting from scratch because i have uploaded about 12 250MB scenery files. A lot of work.

Note; I downloaded the mesh bgl DEM4610_7.
I installed it in my addon scenery. Correct?

Thank you
angelo

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Hi Angelo.

Microsoft hasn't updated the images, so updating the DLL would do no good... and that's what I expected.

Unlike Google, VirtualEarth uses the most recent tiles for all access. Google keeps older versions for a while, which is why we need to update that tile server to a recent number.

Dick

Country
chile
Hello
Could a new "Esri, Maxar" server be created for SBuilderX315?
This contains updated and better quality images.

cap.jpg