• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

What needs changing for flaps warning and IAS warning

Country
australia
I have a BAE146-300.
If I set the IAS above 235 the visual warning on the panel starts to flash between green and red.
When I check the aircraft.cfg I find the following -
cruise_speed=320.000
max_indicated_speed=340.000000
max_mach=0.820020
Which are way above 235. What is causing the visual warning on the panel and how do I change it.

Also regarding the FLAPS settings
I can deploy the flaps to position 1 without any warning however if I attempt to deploy them any further with an IAS above around 125 I guess a warning sound.
In the aicraft.cfg is
[Flaps.0]
type=1
span-outboard=0.800
extending-time=10.000
system_type=1
damaging-speed=250.000
blowout-speed=300.000
lift_scalar=1.000
drag_scalar=1.000
pitch_scalar=1.200
flaps-position.0=0.000, 0.000
flaps-position.1=10.000, 0.000
flaps-position.2=20.000, 0.000
flaps-position.3=30.000, 0.000
flaps-position.4=40.000, 0.000

Once again why can't I deploy flaps to position 2 or greater above IAS 125?

Thanks
John

Roy Holmes

Resource contributor
Country
us-virginia
John,
If in doubt, check the flight manual.
I searched for BAE146-300 in google and there is a 326 page manual for a sim of that aircraft.
A short answer to your question is that it is programmed that way in a gauge somewhere, the manual for your version should confirm that.
Roy

Country
australia
I don't have a manual with the version I have (put together by a chap I once had contact with in the UK) only a manual for the addon panel I am using for it by Matthias Lieberecht and in that manual is the following -
Appendix 1 Flap Limitation Speeds
18° 215 knots
24° 180 knots
30° 170 knots
33° 150 knots

I get a warning if I attempt to lower flaps to 24 degrees and above 125. It seems from appendix 1 I should be able to lower the flaps even more up to 150 knots.

Could the problem be in the .air file? Maybe copy the airfile and aircraft.cfg of a similar (4 engined jetliner) and modify the aircraft.cdf accordingly?

I could not find any documents for download using Google search.

Last edited:

Roy Holmes

Resource contributor
Country
us-virginia
http://qualitywingssim.com/documentation.html
Quite a lot there.

The air file does not have anything related to flaps warnings. And what is in the aircraft.cfg likewise can not do anything of itself, there must be some code, see http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/a-flap-damage-by-speed-inop-any-idea.438828/
The warning you are seeing most likely will come from the add-on panel you mentioned. That is where you will be able to fix it when you find the offending code. Open any of the xml files with notepad ++ and search for "flaps". Be careful changing any XML code if you are not familiar with that type of code.
Note that the flap increments you quote from the aircraft.cfg are different to what you say is in the add-on panel. You should change from 10,20,30,40 to 18,24,30,33. And the aircraft.cfg can only give one damage and one blow-out speed per flap set, and I'm not sure the real plane has warnings for each setting, would be a big nuisance if it had.
Roy

Country
australia
Thanks Roy,

The entire BAE146 (model, air, texture, panel etc etc are from a chap I used to keep in contact with many years ago and who's email address doesn't work anymore. The panel came from The Bae Panel Project which is not active anymore (the original panel was terrible in looks). I can't even remember if the same chap supplied the panel or I found it later and installed it.

Yes I know about the Quality Wings BAE146 which is payware.

It's just not the flaps warning but also a 'button' which changes color between white and red which changes color from GREEN to ORANGE when the IAS goes above around 230 and then flashes between WHITE and RED when it goes higher although the audible overspeed sound is not heard until the IAS is over 340. I cannot find any reference to this (button) in the panel manual. Here is a screen shot with that button circled in blue. Any ideas what it could be? Maybe I will search for the gauge in that sub panel to try and find out what it is for.

bae146_panel.jpg

There is something strange about the entire aircraft. Whenever I select this aircraft it takes much longer to load and display than most other aircraft I have. Also when it starts it starts in the VC mode (although there is no VC panel just an uninterrupted view of the scenery ahead) and when I press the F10 key (for 2D mode) that also takes longer to display than most other aircraft I have. I think I once saw something about disabling some 'electronics' or maybe something else to reduce the time lag.

I will do what you suggest (being careful of course).
Thanks again.

Country
australia
I am not sure as someone else put it together. Actually maybe I should use the Premier Aircraft version of the aircraft.
As regards the panel. It was originally developed for FS2002 then updated for 2004 and then again for FSX. Well that's what I think.
It could have been that the aircraft was FSX and the panel is really FS2004.
The air file is named rj85.air but I think that is another name for the bae146. None of the links in the readme work but I'm sure they used to years ago.
The readme explains installation and mentions FSX and also gives thanks to
Jon Murchison for the model and textures and
Flight Dynamics - Jon Murchison/Matthias Lieberitch
I just checked at simviation and there are a couple of BAE146 downloads there and they suggest that they include a VC panel which I don't have. I will download them and check them out and hopefully the panels are good ones as other ones I have seen are very amatuerish.

Roy Holmes

Resource contributor
Country
us-virginia
John,
If the panel is that old it is likely that what you have is a.gau. That is what was used before xml and it would be a compiled, non-editable gauge. If you can find something newer I'd go for that.
Roy

Country
australia
Yes it does have .gau files.
Looks like I need a more modern panel.
Maybe fork out some 'doula' and purchase the Quality Wings version although I did once read a little about it and thought that the FMS can only be programmed manually ie you can't load an fsx flight plan although I just noticed that FSC can output plans in 'Quality Wings mode' so hopefully that will allow me to 'cheat' and load a flight plan into the FMS quickly.