1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Path?

Discussion in 'Library Creator XML' started by Aspireman, 25 Jan 2016.

1. Aspireman

Aspireman

us-michigan
    What Path do I use when saving BGL and XML Library? Using Steam and P3D SDK. I watched a video, but I can't find those files at all.

2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    You can choose yourself where the xml and bgl go. In general the bgl goes in the scenery folder of your project and the xml is stored with your project sources (like the mdl files).

3. Aspireman

Aspireman

us-michigan
    Ok, could you give me an example path. I'm a bit confused. Do I have to make files for each individual MDL,s?

4. arno

netherlands
    No, the tool will make one BGL file for all MDL files that you add to this library. But you have to tell the tool where you want to save this BGL. That's the path you need to specify on export. The XML file is an intermediate file used while making the BGL file and when you want to open the library again later in Library Creator XML you load the XML file. So that's why you need to keep it as well.

5. Aspireman

Aspireman

us-michigan
    So basically, make a file, name it what the project is and path them both to that file?

6. arno

netherlands
    Humm, not sure I understand you. But an XML file and a bgl file are different, so no, you don't point them to the same file.