• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Whoops

GHD

Country
england
How do I find which xml file is causing this problem? :

[08:32:43.720] WARN SODE.FSLOOP : !!! Whoops, something's wrong (SimBubble Filter, Normal Objects)! No unique Model determined to display! [WEA #5]

Please.

I have checked all 312 xml files and can't find an error :(

Sorry, I don't frequent this forum that often these days...

Could you zip those 312 xml files and PM the zip to me? I don't even need the models, just the xmls. I can then run the debug version of SODE on those files and see what could be wrong. Something about a SimObjects called "WEA" injected as a fifth of a series of objects. Haven't seen that error for ages.

Thanks.

Got them, thanks.

You sir found a bug! It was quite tricky to hunt this one down, since it was due to a special, uncommon use case of SODE: Placing multiple objects (wind turbines I guess) over a large area.
The problem was that while some of the objects were indeed within the SODE bubble of active objects, the associated data probe was not (farther away from aircraft and outside of the bubble's radius).
SODE was not able to see this broken link between data probe and client object, and this has lead to that "Whoops", since SODE couldn't filter the correct wind dependent model anymore since the data probe providing the wind value didn't exist!

But the outcome is the same: the client object wasn't loaded anyway. So that warning is in this case can be ignored. However, I have fixed this in the code to detect "orphaned" client objects and you won't see this warning for this case.

Sorry Jeffrew, another question.

I am creating wind turbines in the vicinity of every arfield in Germany, eg:

Turbines.jpg

To make this work, do I need to creeate a triangular grid of probe positions with each side being 40000 mettres ?

What would happen where the circles overlap? Would objects be displayed twice?

No, you just need to ensure the client objects are within 40km of the data probe.
I would even go as far as installing a data probe for a cluster of wind turbines and place it in the center. This will certainly ensure that 40km radius requirement.

No, SODE updates its bubble as you fly through the scenery, but at a higher rate than 40km (I think it is 12km from the last update...). It then refreshes ALL objects by removing all and then injecting the objects which are within the new 40km circle. So no object is being loaded twice.

Thanks again, I do have a probe at each airfield which is in the centre of a cluster.

Back