• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Regenerate Aircraft list does not work

Country
germany
My aircraft list is gone.

Regenerate aircraft list does nothing...

(perhaps because fs2004 has no "simobjects???)

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Guenther, I need a lot more information before I can even comment.

Don

Country
germany
aifp1.jpg

Hi Don, okay:
I did not use AIFP since some month because I built a new pc and had a lot of work to install all my software under Win 10 creators update.
Yesterday I got the message to update AIFP with a new general release 3.2.06 and 3.2.06(q) and I installed them.
If I load a traffic bgl, the aircraft lines are red. This happens with all my traffic bgls.
So I click "Aircraft" - "Regenerate installed AC list". AIFP scans a very short moment and nothing is changed.

FS9 aircraft are in the "aircraft" folder, fsx and p3d in "simobjects"(?).
Perhaps this could be the problem???

version 3.2.05 works fine!!!
3.2.06 works too

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
FS9 aircraft are in the "aircraft" folder, fsx and p3d in "simobjects"(?).
But, is this aircraft in the Aircraft folder?

Note that AIFP is not even seeing FSX or whatever version(s) of P3D you have.

3.2.06(q) differs from 3.2.06 (and 3.2.05) only in the manner in which Flightsim versions are displayed and that it is compatible with PV4. Handling of aircraft is identical across all versions, and no other user has reported that all his aircraft have disappeared - and I have no such problems. AIFP not recognizing those other versions of Flightsim indicates the correct registry entries do not exist - which suggests a re-installation problem. As for FS9, what do you see when you open the Aircraft / Bulk-add aircraft to List? I can only suggest you take a careful look at the Aircraft folder structure.

version 3.2.05 works fine!!! 3.2.06 works too
I trust you mean on your new system , not on your old one.

Please send me your AIFP.ini file. Perhaps that will help determine what's going on in your system.

Don

Last edited:
Country
scotland
Now using 3.2.07 but had a similar problem using 3.2.06 with FS2004.
Numerous FPs, which I know the required aircraft are in the Aircraft folder, are all red. On trying to substitute for an other aircraft the list that comes up is not complete for the aircraft in the aircraft folder. Possibly a limit on number of [fltsim.x] entries?

I've included my .ini file.

Attachments

• AIFP_ini.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 375

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Numerous FPs, which I know the required aircraft are in the Aircraft folder, are all red.
This is too general a description, Jim.

I have had several such complaints, recently. All have been aircraft.cfg issues - usually a missing or corrupted "category=airplane" in the [general] block. If you are satisfied this is not also your problem, please send me:
  • a traffic file that demonstrates the problem,
  • one of more of your aircraft folders from the applicable Aircraft\Simobjects folder for the missing aircraft (delete the textures to minimize file size),
  • sufficient screenshots to show the structure of the relevant aircraft top-folder (i.e., Aircraft folder for FS9, Simobjects subfolder in FSX/P3D, and
  • if for FSX, the FSX.cfg file from the ProgramData folder.
Don

Country
scotland
This is too general a description, Jim.

I have had several such complaints, recently. All have been aircraft.cfg issues - usually a missing or corrupted "category=airplane" in the [general] block. If you are satisfied this is not also your problem, please send me:
  • a traffic file that demonstrates the problem,
  • one of more of your aircraft folders from the applicable Aircraft\Simobjects folder for the missing aircraft (delete the textures to minimize file size),
  • sufficient screenshots to show the structure of the relevant aircraft top-folder (i.e., Aircraft folder for FS9, Simobjects subfolder in FSX/P3D, and
  • if for FSX, the FSX.cfg file from the ProgramData folder.
Don
Had a look around and it appears that the category=airplane is the culprit. seems to be missing from the majority of my aircraft.cfg files. Looks like I've a lot of editing to do :(.

Is this a new feature as all my FAIB aircraft.cfg don't appear to have the relevant line and I'm pretty sure this didn't used to be a problem for me?

Many Thanks

Jim

Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi Don,

category=airplane was introduced in FSX - FS9 aircraft.cfg files do not include that.

Hope this helps,

Country
germany
But, is this aircraft in the Aircraft folder?

yes it is

Note that AIFP is not even seeing FSX or whatever version(s) of P3D you have.

3.2.06(q) differs from 3.2.06 (and 3.2.05) only in the manner in which Flightsim versions are displayed and that it is compatible with PV4. Handling of aircraft is identical across all versions, and no other user has reported that all his aircraft have disappeared - and I have no such problems. AIFP not recognizing those other versions of Flightsim indicates the correct registry entries do not exist - which suggests a re-installation problem. As for FS9, what do you see when you open the Aircraft / Bulk-add aircraft to List? I can only suggest you take a careful look at the Aircraft folder structure.

I trust you mean on your new system , not on your old one.

Yes, on the new system

Please send me your AIFP.ini file. Perhaps that will help determine what's going on in your system.

Don

Attachments

• AIFP.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 145

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Just prior to your post, Tom noted that the "category" statement was not required until FSX. Therefore, AIFP should not be looking for it in FS9 (but it is). I'll fix that and re-release.

Your AIFP.ini file shows that AIFP is not "seeing" FSX or P3D.

Don

Country
germany
Just prior to your post, Tom noted that the "category" statement was not required until FSX. Therefore, AIFP should not be looking for it in FS9 (but it is). I'll fix that and re-release.

Your AIFP.ini file shows that AIFP is not "seeing" FSX or P3D.

Don
thanks Don,
why should AIFP see FSX or P3D? I really have only FS9...