• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Flight Toolkit

Country
us-oregon
Does the latest tool kit support both versions of Flight or just the steam version? I have 1.0.0.3016

Last edited:
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
it should support both, but I recommend uninstalling the steam version and using the standalone GFWL installation of Flight

Country
us-oregon
So the version I have is the GFWL? I think it is is since it has the login when you start Flight, I can't get the login to recognize any product key, and work arounds I found online are worthless since the page on live is dead, lol One thing I'm trying to understand is how do you get the addons you download in the tool kit to appear in Flight? should they just be there? I'm really confused with all this.
Thanks

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hi,
I tried to convert my FSX scenery like instructed in the original post.
In each of my several attempts the console prompted an access violation, always while processing the models in London.bgl, then ContentConverter crashed.

Is there something I might have done wrong?
Hopefully I didn't miss a post adressing this issue

Country
us-georgia
If you want to fly all over the world, (and find those aerocaches in "World region") do this: install FSXSE, from STEAM (skip this step if you already have it). Then type in the "Command Prompt" this (or copy and paste):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight Tools\Flight Toolkit\ContentConverter.exe" FSX /i:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX" /o:"C:\FlightTemp" /a

Be sure to include the " ". If your copy of FSX is not from STEAM, please change the address where your copy is after C:\Program Files (x86). The coversion is going to take some time. After this you'll find a Flightaddon in a folder named C:\FlightTemp. This addon will install the FSX World to Flight (this also take some time). Be sure to download from Addon Manager: World Region UI so you'll have a beautiful world map. There you are.

Oscar

Last edited:

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
If you want to fly all over the world, (and find those aerocaches in "World region") do this: install FSXSE, from STEAM (skip this step if you already have it). Then type in the "Command Prompt" this (or copy and paste):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight Tools\Flight Toolkit\ContentConverter.exe" FSX /i:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX" /o:"C:\FlightTemp" /a

Be sure to include the " ". If your copy of FSX is not from STEAM, please change the address where your copy is after C:\Program Files (x86). The coversion is going to take some time. After this you'll find a Flightaddon in a folder named C:\FlightTemp. This addon will install the FSX World to Flight (this also take some time). Be sure to download from Addon Manager: World Region UI so you'll have a beautiful world map. There you are.

Oscar

Thanks for the clarification. I don't have FSX:SE but the boxed FSXA. I already used the command you poasted above and initially it actually worked despite the access violation encountered always at the same file (I guess the system kills the application for trying to read/write to protected memory?)
I also set ContentConverterto "run as administrator" but that didn't help.
The console states the function where ContentConverter crashes, a screenshot is attached below.

Attachments

• CCCrash.jpg
    CCCrash.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 578

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Thanks for the clarification. I don't have FSX:SE but the boxed FSXA. I already used the command you poasted above and initially it actually worked despite the access violation encountered always at the same file (I guess the system kills the application for trying to read/write to protected memory?)
I also set ContentConverterto "run as administrator" but that didn't help.
The console states the function where ContentConverter crashes, a screenshot is attached below.
It seems to be some problem with the london.bgl indeed. I deleted it and it worked, well I'm missing a few scenery objects now but that's better than no scenery at all :p

Country
us-georgia
It seems to be some problem with the london.bgl indeed. I deleted it and it worked, well I'm missing a few scenery objects now but that's better than no scenery at all :p
Glad to hear you solved your problem. You're going to need also the "BoundaryFixes" addon. This addon add most of airports missing in Canada close to the border of Alaska. You can find it here in a folder named "Other useful Add-ons". https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmXbXm2QYzhEe5fiZk4EYT-Qczk
Try whatever you want and enjoy.

Oscar

Last edited:
Country
us-oregon
Anyone figure out why GFWL still asks for a key when using toolkit on GWFL? I really would like to try the multiplayer but doesn't look like it's possible to get the GFWL version stop asking for login.

Country
poland
I got the same problem with Microsoft Flight asking for the game key, when trying to enter Alaskan Wilderness DLC or multiplayer. I will try one thing which was suggested by someone:

"I installed Universe at War: Earth Assault for PC which had an interface update that allowed me to connect to Xbox live, and once that was installed, it allowed me download my profile so I could unlock achievements in other titles."

Maybe it will unlock Microsoft Flight and won't ask for the key. I will check that this week and let you know.

Country
england
Hello, I'm a newbie to the forum. I'm hoping someone can help me get my fsx world into MSflight.

I've followed the steps on converting FSX scenery, and now have the scenery files in the C:\FlightTemp\FSX World folder,
I've ticked the world UI box in addon-manager, and it's in non-gfwl mode, but when I run flight it shows the world map on the map screen, but when i fly there are only green and brown colour hills, and nothing else.

Do I need to put the temp FSX-World folder somewhere particular? I don't seem to have an xlive or flight DLC folder anywhere.

My apologies for coming in on this so late.

Country
us-georgia
Hi
If you have done this:
Type in the "Command Prompt" this (or copy and paste):

Be sure to include the " ". If your copy of FSX is not from STEAM, please change the address where your copy is after C:\Program Files (x86). The coversion is going to take some time. After this you'll find a Flightaddon in a folder named C:\FlightTemp. This addon will install the FSX World to Flight (this also take some time). Be sure to download from Addon Manager: World Region UI so you'll have a beautiful world map.

You'll find inside this folder: C:\FlightTemp an addon with this name: FSXWorld.flightAddon. You have to double click this addon and wait
to be installed in your computer. No, you don't have move anything. I hope this can help you.

Country
us-arizona
Hello,

I saw this and thought I would try it out. I have downloaded both the Flight download and the ToolKit and when I go to bootup the simulator, it crashes. I tried to find a crash document somewhere in My Documents, etc, and found nothing. Does anyone know what I might do to try and get this working?

I have never had Flight on my computer.

I have downloaded and installed it. Flight is in the Games folder. I have the Toolkit installed also, which was in the first post in this thread by Steve.

I have Windows 7. I installed the simulator to a different drive. I hope that isnt what caused the crashing. :S

Found A log when I tried to reinstall the simulator. Seems to be a a CAB isnt extracting. This is the log I found the second time around... .

-------------------------------
Logging Started: 12/31/2018 19:24:36
Source Folder: C:\Users\Lionheart\Downloads
OS v6.1 Service Pack 1 (build 7601) 64 bit
OS Product Type: 0x00000001
User Default LCID: 0x0409
Command Line: "C:\Users\Lionheart\Downloads\gfwlivesetup_4d5308d2e0000001_DIR (1).exe"
(19:24:36) Direct DL: 1
(19:24:36) DL Recent: 0
(19:24:36) Offer ID: 4d5308d2e0000001
(19:24:36) Initialized
(19:24:36) Download folder C:\Users\Lionheart\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive\Downloads
(19:24:36) Resources initialized
(19:24:36) Downloading version file to C:\Users\Lionheart\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive\Downloads\gfwlivesetup_14568.ver
(19:24:36) Download Status: go.microsoft.com
(19:24:36) Download Status: 23.203.177.241
(19:24:36) Download Status: 302
(19:24:36) Download Status: http://download.gfwl.xboxlive.com/content/gfwl-public/redists/production/gfwlivesetup.txt
(19:24:36) Download Status: text/plain
(19:24:36) Download Status: http://download.gfwl.xboxlive.com/content/gfwl-public/redists/production/gfwlivesetup.txt
(19:24:36) Download Status: C:\Users\Lionheart\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\YT5LW395\gfwlivesetup[1].txt
(19:24:36) Current version: 3.5.0089.0 (WGX_XLIVE_V3.05_RTM(panblder).110411-1052)
(19:24:36) Latest version: 3.5.0089.0
(19:24:37) Downloading offer 4d5308d2e0000001 to C:\Users\Lionheart\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive\Downloads\4d5308d2e0000001_Manifest
(19:24:39) Game (Extracting...)
(19:24:39) Game Extraction (Installing...)
(19:24:39) Game Extraction (Installed)
(19:24:39) Game (Extracted)
(19:24:39) Manifest downloaded
(19:24:43) Passed EULA
(19:24:43) EULA Prompt result [Code:0x00000000]
(19:25:10) Create Desktop Shortcut: 0
(19:25:10) Create Start Menu Shortcut: 0
(19:25:10) Install Folder: H:\Flight
(19:25:10) LCID: 0x0409
(19:25:10) Install Started
(19:25:10) Downloading offer 4d5308d2e0000001 to C:\Users\Lionheart\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive\Downloads\4d5308d2e0000001
(19:25:12) Microsoft Flight (Waiting)
(19:25:12) Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE (Found)
(19:25:12) Games for Windows Marketplace Client (Found)
(19:25:12) Microsoft .NET Framework (Found)
(19:25:12) Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant (Found)
(19:25:12) Download Start Notification: 4
(19:25:12) Microsoft Flight (Downloading...)
(19:25:20) Progress 100%
(19:25:21) Microsoft Flight (Extracting...)
(19:25:21) Game Extraction (Installing...)
(19:25:21) Game Extraction (Installed)
(19:25:21) Extraction failed for file C:\Users\Lionheart\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive\Downloads\4d5308d2e0000001.cab
(19:25:21) Download Error: 0x80070002
(19:25:21) Extraction failed for file C:\Users\Lionheart\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive\Downloads\4d5308d2e0000001.cab

Bill
LHC

Country
england
Hi
If you have done this:
Type in the "Command Prompt" this (or copy and paste):

Be sure to include the " ". If your copy of FSX is not from STEAM, please change the address where your copy is after C:\Program Files (x86). The conversion is going to take some time. After this, you'll find a Flightaddon in a folder named C:\FlightTemp. This addon will install the FSX World to Flight (this also take some time). Be sure to download from Addon Manager: World Region UI so you'll have a beautiful world map.

You'll find inside this folder: C:\FlightTemp an addon with this name: FSXWorld.flightAddon. You have to double click this addon and wait
to be installed in your computer. No, you don't have move anything. I hope this can help you.

Thank you for advice.
I've tried this and it made the folder with the scenery, but the addon.exe wasn't in the temp folder.
There was some issue about writing to memory at the end of the conversion process in the command prompt window. I tried running command prompt as admin, and still no luck.

I tried reinstalling gfwl and it registers an error straight away.

Logging Started: 01/01/2019 17:21:24
Source Folder: D:\DownLoads\MSFlight
OS v6.2 (build 9200) 64 bit
OS Product Type: 0x00000065
Command Line: "D:\DownLoads\MSFlight\gfwlivesetup.exe"
(17:21:24) Direct DL: 0
(17:21:24) DL Recent: 0
(17:21:24) Offer ID:
(17:21:24) Initialized
(17:21:24) Download folder C:\Users\squish\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive\Downloads
(17:21:24) Resources initialized
(17:21:24) Downloading version file to C:\Users\squish\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive\Downloads\gfwlivesetup_26443.ver
(17:21:24) Download Status: go.microsoft.com
(17:21:24) Download Status: [2a02:26f0:c800:280::2c1a]
(17:21:24) Download Status: 302
(17:21:24) Download Status: http://download.gfwl.xboxlive.com/content/gfwl-public/redists/production/gfwlivesetup.txt
(17:21:24) Download Status: download.gfwl.xboxlive.com
(17:21:24) Download Status: [2a02:26f0:c800::5c7a:c02b]
(17:21:24) Download Status: text/plain
(17:21:24) Download Status: http://download.gfwl.xboxlive.com/content/gfwl-public/redists/production/gfwlivesetup.txt
(17:21:24) Download Status: C:\Users\squish\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\6DAULOTY\gfwlivesetup[1].txt
(17:21:24) Current version: 3.5.0089.0 (WGX_XLIVE_V3.05_RTM(panblder).110411-1052)
(17:21:24) Latest version: 3.5.0089.0
(17:21:25) Install Started
(17:21:25) Downloading redists only
(17:21:25) Download Error: 0x80070003
(17:21:25) An error occurred. Error code: 0x80070003
(17:21:25) An error occurred. Error code: 0x80070003
(17:21:25) InstallProduct Error: 0x80070003

When I ran this 'gfwlivesetup_4d5308d2e0000001_DIR.exe' i get the following
Logging Started: 01/01/2019 17:30:53
EXE: D:\DownLoads\MSFlight\gfwlivesetup_4d5308d2e0000001_DIR.exe (3.5.89.0)
DLL: D:\DownLoads\MSFlight\gfwlivesetup_4d5308d2e0000001_DIR.exe (3.5.89.0)
Source Folder: D:\DownLoads\MSFlight
OS v6.2 (build 9200) 64 bit
OS Product Type: 0x00000065
(17:30:53) Download folder F:\MSLiveGames\Downloads is invalid

I no longer have an F: drive.

Would it be OK to UNinstall GFWlive and try a fresh install using the 'gfwlivesetup.exe', or would this just make things worse?

I'm considering doing a fresh start OS install of windows 10,64bit, in a couple of months, should I save my MSflight program folder just in case it won't download?

Again thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Country
us-georgia
Thank you for advice.
I've tried this and it made the folder with the scenery, but the addon.exe wasn't in the temp folder.
There was some issue about writing to memory at the end of the conversion process in the command prompt window. I tried running command prompt as admin, and still no luck.

See the /a at the end of the long statement ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight Tools\…)? That means that you're going to build an addon and the addon's name is FSXWorld.flightAddon. Please note this is not an .exe file. You must double click the addon file (FSXWorld.flightAddon) and because you have installed Flight Toolkit it would be recognize as a Flight addon and proceed to install it. Please check if there is a /a at the end of the fsx scenery conversion instruction, if not you won't find any FSXWorld.flightAddon in the temp folder.

Oscar

DragonflightDesign

Resource contributor
Country
northernireland
(19:25:21) Download Error: 0x80070002
Bill: I was just browsing around this forum for something to and spotted your post. The error code indicates a network failure at some point - possibly a handshake on the incoming packet. I know what Google says but most people are just talking out of you-know-where. The failure could be literally a network failure or simply that the server couldn't handle the current load at that time. Basically, I've seen it a few times at work when we (tech support) were pushing the servers a bit too hard. The solution 99 times out of a 100 is to clean up everything we were just trying to install and then start again. 'Everything' means any registry entries and temporary folders as well as the obvious installation folder.

Yeah, I know; probably not exactly a great deal of help for you.

Country
england
Bill:
Try this out; there's a folder named "1 Installation". Here you will find everything you need for a new fresh start.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmXbXm2QYzhEe5fiZk4EYT-Qczk

Oscar

Thanks, Oscar,

I used FlightToolkit_1_1_31 version, taken from http://flighttoolkit.com/, the file on the one drive link you gave has FlightToolkit_1_1_32.exe , could this be causing my probs?

This is the line I pasted into command line, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight Tools\Flight Toolkit\ContentConverter.exe" FSX /i:"D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX" /o:"C:\FlightTemp" /a